WILMINGTON, N.C. -- Academic misconduct in the University of North Carolina football program may date back more than a year, athletic director Dick Baddour told the UNC system's Board of Governors on Thursday.
Baddour was asked by the governors about two on-going investigations at North Carolina -- one involving whether players received extra benefits from a tutor who also worked for head coach Butch Davis' family, and the other involving whether players had improper contact with agents.
"The short answer is yes," he said, according to the Raleigh News and Observer. "We will go where the information leads us. If that isn't the immediate year ... we will go where the information takes us."
Baddour and UNC chancellor Holden Thorp both appeared at the meeting.
Earlier this week, North Carolina defensive line coach John Blake, who also served as the school's associate head coach and recruiting coordinator, resigned. He is reportedly a target of the investigation into possible improper conduct with agents.
Responding to another question, Thorp said: "We're going to look where the facts take us."