ESPN.com wants to give you a quick look inside the lives of the players we cover. So we've picked the brains of some of the top athletes out there and will share their answers throughout the NCAA Tournament.
Heather Schreiber, Texas
1. Why do you wear the jersey number you do?
When I was in high school, No. 21 was one of the three varsity numbers that were left when it was my turn to choose!
2. What's the one personal item you never leave behind on a road trip?
My CD player. I always have to be able to listen to music.
3. What's your favorite CD/song to listen to before games, and who sings it?
I don't really have one favorite. Lately, I've been listening to india.arie because her CDs relax me.
4. Who's the one singer/band you can't go long without listening to?
Probably some type of relaxing, alternative music -- like Lifehouse.
5. What's your must-see TV program?
Any reality show like The Bachelor, Meet My Folks or Joe Millionaire.
6. If you could compete on any reality TV show, which one would it be?
MTV's Real World.
7. What's your favorite non-basketball movie?
Three. The Ring, Sweet Home Alabama and 8 Seconds.
8. What's your favorite non-basketball activity?
Going to the movies.
9. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
That I graduated in a senior class of 29 at Windthorst HS in Windthorst, Texas (Class 1A), and that there were only 115 people total in my high school.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
11. If you could be on the cover of any one magazine, which one would it be?
ESPN The Magazine.
12. Do you have a tattoo? What is it? Where is it? If no, what would you get if you ever did get a tattoo?
No, and I don't think I would ever get a tattoo because I don't think I could pick something which I would want to have forever!
13. Who's your favorite cartoon character, and why?
I don't have one right now. When I was younger, I loved the Ninja Turtles.
14. Do you have a favorite author?
Not really. I love to read about sports, so anyone who writes sports-related articles or biographies are my favorite.
15. What's the worst class you ever took, and why?
Psychology, because it was a lecture class at 8 a.m. ... and I could NOT stay awake!
16. What name would you give to your first child?
I haven't thought that far ahead.
17. When you're done playing basketball, what sort of career do you want to pursue?
I would like to coach at either the high school or collegiate level.
18. What was your parents' favorite saying when you were a kid?
My grandfather used to always say, "If you do something well, there is no need to tell people about it because they will notice." I think that this advice has stuck with me more than any other.
19. Who's the best singer/actor: J-Lo, Madonna or Queen Latifah?
This is a tough one. I think it's a tie between J-Lo and Queen Latifah.
20. Do you think we should go to war with Iraq?
It doesn't matter what my view is on the war. I just hope that it will be resolved quickly and both sides will have safe return of their military personnel.