ESPN.com wants to give you a quick look inside the lives of the players we cover. So we've picked the brains of some of the top athletes out there and will share their answers throughout the NCAA Tournament.
Kara Lawson, Tennessee
1. Why do you wear the jersey number you do?
It is the same number that I wore high school. When it was my turn to pick my sophomore year, No. 20 was one of three numbers left.
2. What's the one personal item you never leave behind on a road trip?
3. What's your favorite CD/song to listen to before games, and who sings it?
Mercy Me's I Can Only Imagine.
4. Who's the one singer/band you can't go long without listening to?
Without a doubt, Kenny Chesney!!
5. What's your must-see TV program?
6. If you could compete on any reality TV show, which one would it be?
MTV's The Real World or Road Rules Challenge.
7. What's your favorite non-basketball movie?
The Shawshank Redemption.
8. What's your favorite non-basketball activity?
9. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
I'm afraid of animals. My dad got a dog this past summer, which I was not very happy about.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd probably like to be a little bit taller.
11. If you could be on the cover of any one magazine, which one would it be?
Time Magazine's Man/Woman of the Year issue.
12. Do you have a tattoo? What is it? Where is it? If no, what would you get if you ever did get a tattoo?
No tattoos here. I'm scared of needles, so I don't see myself ever getting one.
13. Who's your favorite cartoon character, and why?
The Roadrunner, because he never gets caught.
14. Do you have a favorite author?
15. What's the worst class you ever took, and why?
Philosophy. I had no idea what was going on.
16. What name would you give to your first child?
I think I better work on the whole marriage thing first.
17. When you're done playing basketball, what sort of career do you want to pursue?
There are many things I would like to try. I plan on attending law school. After that, possibly coaching, being an athletic director, or an NBA GM.
18. What was your parents' favorite saying when you were a kid?
"Kara, go to your room!"
19. Who's the best singer/actor: J-Lo, Madonna or Queen Latifah?
Madonna. She's a legend.
20. Do you think we should go to war with Iraq?
Yes. I'm behind President Bush, our government, and of course, all of the troops over there. I believe, at times like these, we need to stand behind our leadership and support them. I have a cousin and a couple good friends over there. I've been praying for them daily.