Brooklyn Nets backup center Andray Blatche was cleared of any possible wrongdoing in a sexual assault case stemming from a January incident in a Philadelphia hotel room, a Philadelphia police spokesperson confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday.
According to the spokesperson, the case was presented to the district attorney's office by special victims and investigative units, but it was determined "about two months ago" that there was no probable cause for anyone involved to be prosecuted.
Blatche declined comment to ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday night when asked about it.
Blatche was questioned as part of the investigation but never was charged. Two men that were with him at the time of the alleged incident were also taken in for questioning before being released.
The victim, a 21-year-old woman, told police that she had consensual sex with one man and non-consensual sex with another man at around 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 8 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The victim told ABC that Blatche watched from the door and did not participate, but did nothing to stop the alleged assault from occurring. At the time of the incident, Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey told the New York Times that the woman would not be a good witness because she was highly intoxicated.
Blatche agreed to terms on a two-year, $2.9 million contract with the Nets this offseason, sources said, which contains a player option for the second year of the deal.
The New York Daily News had earlier reported that Blatche was cleared of wrongdoing.
Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.