CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER PRESENTS "THE CHEVY TRAILBLAZER FANTASY GOLF CHALLENGE"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER US TERRITORIES) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS GAME IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN PUERTO RICO OR ANOTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORY. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OVER TO PLAY.
No Purchase Necessary To Play or Win. Void where prohibited.
THIS IS A GAME OF SKILL.
1. Eligibility: This Chevy TrailBlazer Fantasy Golf Challenge, (the "Game") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C. only who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must have Internet access prior to April 4, 2002. Void in Puerto Rico, other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited by law. Employees and the immediate families of employees and/or those living in the same household of each of Acushnet Company, General Motors Corporation, ESPN, Inc., ESPN/Starwave Partners d/b/a ESPN Internet Ventures, ("EIV"), The Walt Disney Company, and their affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions, subsidiaries, licensees, sponsors, licensed retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and promotional partners are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
2. Here's How To Play: Beginning 4/4/2002 at 12:01:00 PM (PT) through one hour prior to first tee off of the British Open on 7/18/2002 log on to ESPN.com, Keyword "Fantasy Golf" and follow the on screen instructions. For the purposes of these Official Rules all times are Pacific Time ("PT"). You must be a registered user of espn.go.com in order to play. Registration is free. Users can enter by registering in one of the following ways: Entry Method I) Existing espn.go.com members should log into the system with their current user name and password. No other additional information will be requested. Entry Method II) Users who are not espn.go.com members but have Internet access as of 4/4/02, can register by accessing this link, http://reg.prod.espninfra.starwave.com/fantasy/chooseAge?appRedirect=http://games.espn.com/bestball/frontpage. These users will be asked to provide their name, address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, gender, date of birth (and will be asked to select a username.) ESPN.go.com will then send these users a password to the specified e-mail address, after which these users can log in with their username and password. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit one entry per person, household or e-mail address per entry period (as defined below). In case of multiple entries for the same Entry Period, only the first entry will be accepted.
There will be three separate Entry Periods during the Game, which are as follows:
Once the user is logged in, you will be asked to name your team (for example, Happy's Hackers). After a team name has been selected, you will be asked to pick a roster of four golfers who must fit under the $50 million dollar salary cap for the current Entry Period. For each Entry Period, you must also predict the Tournament winner's combined score, the lowest single round score for the Tournament and the score that determines who will make the cut. You may change your picks as often as you like up until the end of each Entry Period. The score for each of the team players will be compared for each hole of the tournament. The lowest number of strokes credited to a player on your team will be your score for each hole (Example: If three players finish a hole with four strokes and one finishes with three, you will receive a score of three). The scores for each regulation hole (playoffs not included) will be aggregated and will represent your final score for the Game. If one or more of your team members fails to make the final cut, you will proceed with the remaining members of your team for the final 36 holes. The entrant with the lowest 72 hole score for each Entry Period will be deemed the First Prize winner for that portion of the Game. The twenty entrants, that after the First Prize winner record the lowest 72 hole score for each Entry Period will be deemed the Second Prize winners for that portion of the Game.
In the event of a tie between two or more entrants, the winning entrant shall be determined in the following order:
Tie Breaker #1 - The entrant(s) whose entire foursome posts the greatest number of holes under par.
Tie Breaker #2 - The entrant(s) whose entire foursome posts the greatest number of eagles throughout the course of the tournament.
Tie Breaker #3 - The entrant(s) who correctly predicts the score at which the cut is made.
Tie Breaker #4 - The entrant(s) who correctly predicts the lowest single-round score of the tournament.
Tie Breaker #5 - The entrant(s) who correctly predicts the tournament winner's combined score after four rounds. In the case of a tie, only the 72 hole total will be counted.
In all cases in which a tiebreaker is necessary, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration and only the remaining entries move to the next tiebreaker.
3. Winner Selection: The three (3) first prize winners will be the entrants with the lowest seventy two (72) hole score that wins any necessary tiebreakers for each Entry Period (each tournament). Winners of multiple first prizes are only eligible for one first prize trip. In the case that an entrant wins more than one first prize the entrant with the next lowest score will be deemed the first prize winner for that Entry Period. The sixty (60) second prize winners will be the entrants that after the First Place winner, accumulate the lowest seventy two (72) hole score, and wins any necessary tiebreakers for each Entry Period (each tournament).
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values:
Three (3) First Prizes (one prize awarded each Entry Period) - A two (2)-day/three (3)-night trip for the winner and a companion from 11/29/2002 - 12/1/2002 to attend the Skins Game in Indian Wells, CA, (the "Skins Game"). Prize package includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner's home and an airport in the Indian Wells, CA area, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy), $100 per diem, car rental, and a pair of admission tickets to the Skins Game for two days. (ARV $2,270.00 per first prize).
Sixty (60) Second Prizes (Twenty (20) prizes awarded each Entry Period) - A two (2)-dozen set of Titleist® DT Distance golf balls. (ARV $48.00 per second prize).
Total ARV for all prizes: $9,690.00
5. General Rules: Employees of Acushnet Company, General Motors Corporation, EIV, ESPN, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, and their affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions, subsidiaries, licensees, sponsors, licensed retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and promotional partners are not eligible to participate in this promotion and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to participation in Game (including acceptance of prize) not specified herein. Meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are the winner's responsibility. Winners must provide own transportation to and from airport of departure. Travel subject to availability, holiday and blackout dates. Trip must be completed on dates specified by Sponsor. If winner is unavailable on trip dates, winner may be disqualified and the prize forfeited. All travel dates and arrangements (including, without limitation, tickets to the Skins Game) are subject to change and availability. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items. Any guest of the winner who is a minor must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian on the trip. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials submitted become the sole property of sponsor and will not be returned. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. Potential winners may have to sign and return and Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability within 14 days of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All entries will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail address. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Game or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Game should (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In such event, the prize winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension. Any such delays, cancellations or interruptions will be posted on the Game's front page. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. In the event that the Masters, U.S. Open, or British Open tournament or any regular round is postponed, terminated early or canceled for any reason, EIV reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Game at it discretion.
6. The Chevy TrailBlazer Fantasy Golf Challenge may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
8. For names of winners, available after 7/22/2002, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Chevy TrailBlazer Fantasy Golf Challenge Winners, to be received by 8/30/2002.
9. SPONSOR & GAME ADMINISTRATOR: ESPN Internet Ventures, 506 Second Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98104.
10. Sponsor is solely responsible for the Game and awarding of all prizes. The Game is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with The Masters, the U.S. Open, and the British Open.
11. The Game and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2002 by EIV.