Leinart arrives in New York

Editor's note: Former USC QB Matt Leinart will offer ESPN.com an exclusive look into his life in the days and weeks leading up to the NFL draft (April 29-30).

This past month has gone by super fast.

The time leading up to the Pro Day goes by slowly. Then, when it hits, you can't believe it's here. Now, it's already draft week.

I am really just looking forward to getting this over with and getting drafted by a team that wants me. I want to move on already.

Sorry for the delayed entry. As you can imagine, things have been busy.

I've been trying to get as much sleep as I possibly can. I've been trying to relax for this big week.

The traveling and everything else is kind of catching up to me. I ended up getting sick again this past weekend. My ear started bleeding very badly. I had to be rushed to the hospital. I have some sort of an ear infection. I got some antibiotics (again).

As a result, I didn't get a chance to play golf. I had to pass on it. I was kind of bummed out. I spent the whole weekend trying to get better.

I left for New York City on Tuesday. I packed four or five suits and some gear to workout in. I'm a pretty easy packer.

A lot of the guys the NFL invites to the draft do a lot of shopping when they come to town. That's not for me. We have all of the same or similar stores in L.A. It's not like I'm going to get anything different here. I'll shop and look, but I just like being around Times Square.

Times Square is cool because it's nice to be able to walk around until one or two in the morning and still be able to do things. That said, I'm not staying out late because I'm constantly trying to catch up on sleep.

There are events I'll be attending the rest of the week for the draft. I'm going to have a good time, but the crazy schedule doesn't end with the draft. I'm still going to be busy after this week. I get back to L.A and have to prepare for mini camp.

I really want to enjoy this time with my family. My mom, dad and brother, Ryan, are here with me.

My parents went to Ellis Island on Tuesday. That's where my ancestors came through a long time ago. It was cool for my mom and dad to go see that. I have never been there before.

My parents are feeling all the same emotions that I am. They are nervous, excited, and anxious. It's a tough process. It stresses everyone out.

My family, my quarterback coach Steve Clarkson and I had a really nice dinner on Tuesday. It was excellent. Ryan thinks he got food poisoning tough. He was really sick on Wednesday.

Wednesday wasn't that busy of a day. ESPN has been following me around all week. It's pretty cool. It's basically just me being normal and goofing around. I'm trying to have fun with it all. It's a behind the scenes look at getting ready for the draft.

The first couple of segments turned out well. If you watched Wednesday, it showed part of a workout. I just lifted some weights. I'm trying to workout and keep in shape while I'm here in New York. I'm going to do it when I have time. I don't have a set schedule or anything like that. I like to workout as much as I can. I want to get a few in. I don't want to eat too much!

As the week goes on, I continue to do a lot of interviews. Reporters have recently asked me about the controversy that surrounds Reggie Bush. Reggie is a friend and a teammate. It's not something that I'm focused on. I had no knowledge about anything going on. People need to understand the only thing that Reggie and I are concerned about is the draft. Period.

These next two days lead up to one of the most important days of my life.

My agent Chuck Price flew in on Wednesday to join us. My other agent, Tom Condon, comes in Thursday. I have surrounded myself with good people. Everyone is doing his or her job. The most important thing is for this process to be easy.

My schedule is booked solid the rest of the week.

I'm ready for the next chapter of my life. Did I mention I'm ready to get this over with?

We've set up a mailbag and you can send Matt questions or comments.