Time for another edition of my position rankings for the 2017 NFL draft. One thing to note: With the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft still a month away, I'm including prospects here who might still return to school. Until they officially announce that they're returning to school, I'm not taking them off my rankings.
One asterisk denotes a junior, and two asterisks denote a redshirt sophomore for the 2016 season.
1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. *Luke Falk, Washington State
5. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
8. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
9. Antonio Pipkin, Tiffin
10. Davis Webb, California
This isn't a strong quarterback class. I thought Kizer (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) could have used another year in school, but he's intriguing, and he's absolutely one of the most talented signal-callers in this draft. The question is whether he'll reach his potential.