Texans' Weary says Taser, arrest were unwarranted

HOUSTON -- Texans offensive lineman Fred Weary said
Wednesday he didn't do anything to justify being shot by a Taser
and arrested by Houston police during a traffic stop last week.

Weary made his first public comments a day after a misdemeanor
charge of resisting arrest against him was dismissed because of
insufficient evidence.

"I know I didn't do anything wrong," Weary said. "I don't
know what they feel was violent or whatever made them feel like
they were in danger by me, but I don't feel I did anything."

According to the police report, officers pulled Weary over
because his car had a missing license plate after following him
because he looked "very suspicious" while driving in an area near
Reliant Stadium where police are on alert due to criminal activity.

The police report said Weary pushed an officer away and was shot
with a Taser after he stepped toward officers when they ordered him
to put his hands on the vehicle.

"They were trying to put cuffs on me and telling me to move my
arm, and I'm explaining to them that I can't," Weary said of what
happened after he was shot with the Taser. "I guess that's where
they were saying that I wasn't following their commands."

Weary said the ordeal was difficult and that his faith and
family helped him handle the situation.

"I felt real bad," he said. "It takes a lot to build a
reputation and when your reputation is tarnished like that, it's
real hard. I'm just thankful for all the people who stood by me."

Charley Davidson, Weary's attorney, said Tuesday that the
District Attorney's office would continue to investigate the case
and might file other charges against him.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound player struggled to describe what it
felt like to be shot with a Taser.

"It's ... it's just unbelievable," he said. "I've never had
it done before. I've touched a lawn mower while it's started on the
spark plug before, but ... (the Taser is) like 100 times that. Your
whole body just goes, man. You can't move."

Weary has appeared in nine games and started six at right guard.
He did not miss any practice or playing time because of the arrest
and was not disciplined by the team.

He has spent his entire five-year career with the Texans after
they drafted him in the third round in 2002. He has played in 45