A partial list of shootings involving NFL players since 1992.
• Sept. 3, 2006 -- San Diego Chargers linebacker
Steve Foley was shot twice near his Poway home by an off-duty Coronado police officer who had followed him for several miles after suspecting him of driving drunk. He missed the entire 2006 season due to injuries.
• July 16, 2006 -- Cowboys defensive back Keith Davis was shot in the head and right thigh while driving on a Dallas Interstate. Davis was treated and released from Baylor Hospital from what police are believing was a car-jacking attempt. Davis recovered from his wounds and would go on to play in every game during this 2006 season.
• July 28, 2005 -- Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jerome McDougle was shot in the abdomen during a robbery attempt in Miami. He missed the entire season due to injury but retured for the 2006 season.
• July 4, 2003 -- Chargers defensive back Terrence Kiel was shot outside a Houston mall in an attempted car-jacking. Kiel was shot once in his ankle, once in his knee and once around his stomach. Kiel went on to recover from his wounds and would eventually start seven games that season as a rookie.
• June 29, 2003 -- Cowboys defensive back Keith Davis was shot in the elbow and hip outside a Dallas area strip club. Davis would make it to the first day of training camp but was cut that day by the Cowboys. The shooting came about a month after Coach Parcells issued a warning to players about hanging out at places they weren't welcomed.
• Aug. 31, 2003 -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker
Joey Porter was one of six people shot (one was killed) outside a Denver sports bar. Porter was shot and wounded in the left buttock. He recovered and went on to play 14 games that season.
• July 6, 2000 -- Carolina Panthers running back Fred Lane was shot and killed by his wife, Diedra, during a domestic dispute. Lane's wife is serving a prison sentence after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges.
• May 3, 1992 -- Indianapolis Colts defensive end
Shane Curry was shot in the head and killed outside a Cincinnati nightclub after a dispute regarding a blocked vehicle.