MIAMI -- One of five suspects charged in the slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has pleaded guilty to charges of second-degree murder and burglary.
Defense attorney Michael Hornung said Thursday that according to the plea agreement, Venjah Hunte will serve 29 years in prison and cooperate with prosecutors.
Hunte pleaded guilty on Friday but prosecutors requested the plea agreement be sealed because investigators were pursuing the fifth suspect, Hornung said.
That suspect, 16-year-old Timothy Brown, was charged Wednesday with first-degree murder and armed burglary of an occupied dwelling.
Brown was arrested in Lee County about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Miami-Dade Police said in a statement. He was awaiting transport to Miami-Dade County.
Brown did not yet have an attorney on record with the prosecutor's office, Griffith said, and it has not been determined if he will be tried with the four other suspects.
Court documents and police reports had previously suggested five people were involved in Taylor's death, but only four were originally charged.
Taylor, 24, died of massive blood loss after he was shot at his Miami-area home in November during a botched robbery. A trial for the four Fort Myers-area suspects is scheduled for Aug. 25.
Richard Sharpstein, a Miami defense attorney who has acted as spokesman for the Taylor family, expressed gratitude Wednesday for authorities' work on the case.
"The family is thankful that the investigation continues and that all individuals responsible for Sean's death meet harsh justice," he said.
Sharpstein said he could not speak about the facts of the case because of a gag order.