Agent Neil Schwartz said Tuesday that Jackson will earn nearly $11 million this year. He says the 6-foot-5 receiver has been working hard and is in good shape. Schwartz declined to comment on whether Jackson and the Chargers might work out a long-term deal.
Jackson and Mankins were two of the 10 named plaintiffs in the players' antitrust lawsuit against the league, which was settled, pending the new labor deal being finished by Aug. 4.
The 28-year-old Jackson, who had consecutive 1,000-yard seasons in 2008 and 2009, received the Chargers' non-exclusive franchise tag in February, but did not sign the tag before owners initiated the lockout.
Jackson's original five-year contract expired after his 2009 Pro Bowl season. Unhappy that he didn't get a long-term deal, Jackson refused to sign a $3,268,000, one-year tender as a restricted free agent in 2010. He sat out the first seven games, then reported in time to serve a three-game suspension on the roster exempt list.
Jackson was on the active roster for the final six games to accrue a season toward unrestricted free agency. When Jackson hadn't signed the tender by June 15, the Chargers slashed their offer to 110 percent of his 2009 salary, or $583,000. Due to the games he missed, he made less than $300,000 in 2010.
Spikes' deal is for three years, Clary's is for four years and McMichael got a one-year deal.
Safety Bob Sanders previously agreed to a one-year contract.
The players' contracts are expected to be signed on Friday.
"All four players are veterans and have performed at an extremely high level," coach Norv Turner said. "Obviously Jeromey has put a lot of work in with us to get to where he is and we're excited to have him back. The continuity of keeping the offensive line together is big.
"I think defensively you want to be as strong as you can be down the middle and with Spikes and then Sanders, you've got two strong personalities that bring a real aggressive presence to the defense."
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.