|We can't fight it any longer. We're finally ready to admit that baseball needs the Yankees to stay strong. So, free of charge, Page 2 offers up an offseason plan that will bring Curt Schilling, Gary Sheffield, Jim Edmonds and Miguel Tejada to New York. Why? Just think how much fun it will be when that team loses.|
SCHOENFIELD: THE PERFECT BEAST
Page 2's Hunter S. Thompson says there's only one thing worse that being a Broncos fan this morning -- being a Raiders fan.
HAIL TO THE CHIEFS
Ralph Wiley checked out Dick Vermeil's Chiefs in K.C. -- and liked what he saw.
Maybe he's just bitter, but Page 2's Brian Murphy wonders if the NFL is as good as it once was.
THE SPORTS GUY
After taking two days to preview the West, Bill Simmons breezes through the East in Part 3 of his NBA preview.
MORE THAN MONEY
It's not all about dollar signs. Page 2's Eric Neel says baseball's free agents have their own particular wish lists.
Page 2's Graham Hays watched LeBron's debut and fills us in on the Really Big Details.
|If your favorite writer isn't on Page 2 today, click here to check out our full roster of columnists.|
|It's former Murphy Brown star Faith Ford, left, and Page 2's Whitney Casey. This match was requested by . . . well, us. Browse our archives of past pairs or click here to submit a future duo.|
If you missed Page 2 over the last week, check out our back issues:
• Mon., Nov. 3: Up to Date
• Fri., Oct. 31: Fright Night
• Thur., Oct. 30: A Fine Mess
• Wed., Oct. 29: FANNN-tastic Forecasts
Other featured content:
• What the Heck Were They Thinking?
• All-Time World Series Rankings
• 100 Greatest Home Runs of All Time
• Ballpark Tour: Final rankings
• Ultimate Scorecard: 101 best uniform numbers
• The most underrated athletes of all time
• The most overrated athletes of all time