The United States has moved to assure FIFA that there will be no discrimination around entry to the country if it ends up as one of the hosts of the 2026 World Cup.
The North American bid has faced questions about the impact of attempts by U.S. President Donald Trump to implement a ban on travel to the country by residents of six majority-Muslim nations.
An independent human rights report commissioned by the bid warned there could be "some potential discrimination in relation to travel restrictions for some citizens from certain states."
But the U.S has offered assurances to world football's governing body about the bearing of immigration policies on the World Cup.
"All eligible athletes, officials and fans from all countries around the world would be able to enter the United States without discrimination," the U.S. government said in a letter last week.
The letter was to be cited in a speech in Brussels on Tuesday by Mexico Football Federation President Decio de Maria during an appearance with his U.S. and Canadian counterparts.
The three countries are jointly bidding to take on Morocco in the June 13 vote by the FIFA Congress.
"Our three governments have provided the strong guarantees we need, including so that entry will be safe, reliable and convenient for every player and every fan," De Maria told the International Sports Press Association Congress.
"Just as it did for the 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, the United States government has stated that it intends to issue visas, subject to U.S. law without regard to race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion.or sexual orientation."
Up to 207 nations will vote on the 2026 host and the North American bid's financial pitch against the Moroccan challenge.