Tigres manager Ricardo "Tuca" Ferretti has ruled himself out of the Mexico national team manager's job, after rumors in recent days suggested he was the Mexican federation's (FMF) top candidate.
"There's already been intents and stuff," said Ferretti in a press conference on Monday. "A person, I'm not going to say who, approached and I told them, 'Thanks a lot but no.' The end."
Ferretti stated earlier this month that the job wouldn't be of interest, but since then Juan Carlos Osorio has made his departure official and the experienced Brazilian had emerged as a leading candidate.
"My decision has always been the same, except for when I was in charge for four games while [then FMF president] Decio [De Maria] was finalizing bringing in coach Osorio," added Ferretti. "Now my commitment is with Tigres, I have three years on my contract [and] I've always sought to be true to my word."
"You do feel thankful, but once again, thanks a lot [but no]."
Ferretti said that the FMF's decision-making process in choosing Osorio's replacement should be respected, but hinted that three candidates now remain.
"I think they should have three or four candidates. Well, they had four, now they have three; that's what they put forward. I had the possibility of being in those three or four candidates and I said many thanks," said Ferretti, adding he'd support whoever was picked as Mexico manager.
Ferretti also responded to rumors from France that Andre-Pierre Gignac may be of interest to Monaco should Colombian striker Radamel Falcao leave.
"If they come in and pay the release clause I have no problem," stated the former Pumas manager. "Where did Cristiano Ronaldo go? They paid. Neymar? They paid. If they come here and pay Andre's [release clause] I have no problem ... nobody is indispensable."