2014/15 Scottish Premier League, 2014/2015 Scottish Premier League
  • Greg Kilpie (36')
  • Liam Boyce (63')
  • Rocco Quinn (76')

Kilmarnock 1-2 Ross County

Ross County came from behind to leapfrog Kilmarnock into ninth place on the final day of the Scottish Premiership season.
The visitors hit the woodwork through Martin Woods but the midfielder's misplaced pass in the 36th minute gifted 18-year-old Greg Kiltie the opener.
Staggies in-form striker Liam Boyce equalised in the 63rd minute with his seventh goal in seven games before substitute Rocco Quinn, on at the interval for Woods, made it 2-1 in the 77th minute to leave the Dingwall club three points clear of Killie.
It was a match played between two sides, though, who were happy simply to be clear of the prospect of relegation, having secured their safety last week.
To that end, Kilmarnock manager Gary Locke made four changes to his side for a fixture which had little at stake.
Conor Brennan replaced Craig Samson in goal, with 18-year-old midfielder Aaron Splaine making his debut and Lee Ashcroft and Mark O'Hara also coming in as the home side stripped only six substitutes.
County showed two changes with defender Scott Boyd back from suspension and Woods also returning.
There was undeniably a care-free feel to the early exchanges.
Boyce had the ball in the Killie net in the third minute but the flag was up for offside before midfielder Michael Gardyne shot straight and rather weakly at Brennan after working a clever one-two with Tony Dingwall.
While the travelling fans continued to sing about their departing hero Richard Brittain - on the bench and one of 14 players to be told they will be leaving the club - Kiltie drove wide on the angle after being released by Alexei Eremenko's perfect pass.
In the 28th minute Killie defender Ross Barbour made a less than perfect pass straight to Woods who drilled in a low shot which was touched on to the post by Brennan before the keeper then saved from Boyce.
Play continued back and forth.
Five minutes later, from Eremenko's corner, Killie striker Tope Obadeyi leapt the highest but failed to get enough on his header with the ball going wide.
Killie's goal, however, was only moments away and came courtesy of Woods who inexplicably passed straight to striker Josh Magennis in the penalty area, who simply squared for Kiltie to knock past Antonio Reguero.
Moments later, the Staggies keeper dived to his left to brilliantly tip Splaine's third effort from distance over the bar for a corner which came to nothing.
Woods was replaced by Quinn for the start of the second-half but there remained little between the teams.
And minutes after Brennan made a good save down at his right-hand post from Boyce's 25-yard free-kick - and Killie skipper Mark Connolly had been replaced by 17-year-old David Syme - the Northern Ireland international levelled.
When Marcus Fraser's cross came in from the right Boyce reacted quickly at the near post to knock it past Brennan for a deserved equaliser.
The Dingwall side assumed increasing control, with substitute Craig Curran, on for Dingwall, heading a Gardyne cross over the bar but when Quinn raced on to Boyce's through ball he confidently steered it low past Brennan.
County fans cheered once more when Brittain came on for Raffaele De Vita to take his final bow and helped the Staggies see out the win, although Reguero had to make a point-blank save from Killie defender Lee Ashcroft to ensure victory.

Betting Odds
Presented By

New Customers Only
Up to £100 in Bet Credits

Scottish Premiership Standings


Premier League News