Nov 20, 2008, 2:53 PM
Page 2 questions the state of morality
Page 2 questions the morality of sports fans.
1) You are playing touch football and you know you were touched on the way to a touchdown even though the defender says he isn't sure he got you. Do you admit you were "tackled"?
2) You're playing your buddy in golf for $100. Your ball is at the base of a tree and his is on the other side of the fairway. No one can see you. Do you move your ball?
3) A player on your favorite team is associated with a violent crime. Do you cheer for him when he makes a big play?
4) Personal use of the Internet is frowned upon at your work. Do you check your fantasy team anyway?
5) The best player on your favorite team's biggest rival goes down for the season with an injury. Are you happy?
6) Your opponent in fantasy football is starting a player you know is injured. Do you tell him before the games start?
7) You win your fantasy football league. The payout agreed to before the season was $450. But the league commissioner gives you $600. No other owners raise a stink. Do you point out the mistake?
8) You know the star running back for your favorite college team hasn't attended a class all year and has other students taking tests for him. A coach from the team asks if you've seen the player in class. Do you tell the truth?
9) A teammate on your softball team brings an illegal bat to the game. Suddenly you're hitting the ball 30 feet further. Do you keep using it?
10) You're playing in the championship football game. You can't stop the other team's defensive end. Coach tells you to "go for his knees." Do you?
11) You're coaching your kid's Little League team. Your team is undefeated. Halfway through the season you discover your star pitcher is too old for the league. Do you turn him in?
12) Your rec league has a rule that no one with college experience can play. After scoring 35 for your team, the new guy confesses to you that he played D-III ball. Do you turn him in?
You must be signed in to post a comment
Need an account?
Forgot your username/password?
Already have an account?
Sign In with Facebook
You are fully responsible for the content you post. Content that includes profanity, personal attacks or antisocial behavior (such as "spamming" or "trolling"), or other inappropriate content or material will be removed. We reserve the right to block any user who violates our
, including removing all content posted by that user.
SportsNation on Facebook
NBA G League
Advertise on ESPN.com
Sales Media Kit
Jobs at ESPN
© 2019 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Your California Privacy Rights
are applicable to you. All rights reserved.