Jun 24, 2009, 9:41 AM
How well do you know your NBA draft history?
Thank you for taking the quiz. Now, go read some more scouting reports before the draft begins.
1) Which top-5 pick from the 2003 draft was not part of the 2008 U.S. Olympic gold medal squad?
2) Since the lottery era began in 1985, only one school has had two No. 1 overall picks. Which school?
University of the Pacific
3) In the lottery era, only three rookies have started an NBA Finals game. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
Courtney Lee, Orlando, 2009
Daniel Gibson, Cleveland, 2007
Darko Milicic, Detroit, 2004
Richard Dumas, Phoenix, 1993
4) Which Duke player has the highest career scoring average?
5) In a draft-day trade in 1998, the Bucks drafted Dirk Nowitzki and traded him to Dallas. Who did the Bucks get?
6) Since 1970 the Buffalo Braves/Clippers organization has made 44 first-round picks. Only two made the All-Star team as a member of the organization. Bob McAdoo is one. Who is the other?
7) Who is Fran Vasquez?
A middle reliever for the Washington Nationals
A midfielder for the Real Madrid soccer team
The mysterious 11th pick in the 2005 draft
Apparently nobody the Magic needed to reach the NBA Finals
8) The 1999 lottery selections have had a record-tying six players make the All-Star team. Which player from that draft has NOT made an All-Star team?
9) Which of the following Knicks' first-rounders has the highest career scoring average?
10) In the lottery era, the only two non-drafted players to become All-Stars are Ben Wallace and Brad Miller. Which of the following No. 1 overall picks never made an All-Star team?
11) Which lottery pick from the 2006 draft has the highest career scoring average?
Wait, is this a trick question?
12) The first draft of the lottery era in 1985 featured five 7-footers after top picks Patrick Ewing and Benoit Benjamin. Who played the most games in the NBA?
Wait, isn't Joe Kleine really 6-11?
13) Which of the following top-10 picks has the highest career scoring average?
14) The first time a European player was drafted in the first round was 1986. Who was the player?
15) Who did the Sonics draft and deal to the Bulls in a draft-day trade for Olden Polynice?
Hey, at least they didn't draft Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade
You must be signed in to post a comment
Need an account?
Forgot your username/password?
Already have an account?
Sign In with Facebook
You are fully responsible for the content you post. Content that includes profanity, personal attacks or antisocial behavior (such as "spamming" or "trolling"), or other inappropriate content or material will be removed. We reserve the right to block any user who violates our
, including removing all content posted by that user.
SportsNation on Facebook
NBA G League
Advertise on ESPN.com
Sales Media Kit
Do Not Sell My Info
Jobs at ESPN
© 2020 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Your California Privacy Rights
are applicable to you. All rights reserved.