MADRID -- Rafael Nadal says he will not play again in 2016 so he can fully recover from a left wrist injury.
Nadal said Thursday on Facebook that he's still being bothered by the injury that kept him out of action for more than two months this season and wants to treat it properly before coming back in 2017.
He said he will not play next week in Basel or in Paris next month. He is also ruled out of the ATP Finals in London.
Nadal admitted he forced his recovery to be able to play in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and that caused him to be in pain in every tournament since then.