Trip 1: DESERT CLASSIC
See eight teams in four days without leaving the Phoenix area. Save room for Southwestern cuisine.
• Thu., Mar. 16: Rockies at Padres, 7:05
• Fri., Mar. 17: Angels at A's, 1:05
• Sat., Mar. 18: Mariners at Giants, 1:05
• Sun., Mar. 19: Rangers at Cubs, 1:05
Trip 2: WINDY CITY SPECIAL
It's all Cubbies and Pale Hose on this schedule, culminating with a desert matchup of the crosstown rivals. Hoop fans can head indoors Saturday night to see Steve Nash and the Suns run and gun against the Denver Nuggets.
• Fri., Mar. 24: Cubs at Rangers, 7:05
• Sat., Mar. 25: White Sox at Giants, 1:05
• Sun., Mar. 26: Diamondbacks at Cubs, 1:05
• Mon., Mar. 27: White Sox at Cubs, 1:05
Trip 3: THE DH EXPRESS
If the American League is your game, go watch your silly designated hitters take their rips with this four-day tour. If you love all things Anaheim, catch the Ducks while they're still Mighty. They play at Phoenix on Saturday night.
• Thu., Mar. 23: White Sox at Rangers, 1:05
• Fri., Mar. 24: Royals at Angels, 1:05
• Sat., Mar. 25: A's at Mariners, 1:05 and Ducks at Coyotes, 7
• Sun., Mar. 26: Mariners at Angels, 1:05
Trip 4: TUCSON EXCURSION
About 115 miles southeast of Phoenix, Tucson is the spring home of three major-league teams. Catch all three, including the defending champion White Sox, on this trip. Take advantage of the Monday night game to play a round of golf. GolfDigest recommends Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club or the Arizona National Golf Course.
• Sat., Mar. 18: Cubs at White Sox, 1:05
• Sun., Mar. 19: Padres at Diamondbacks, 1:05
• Mon., Mar. 20: Padres at Rockies, 7:05
While You're In The Area
Feb. 11-Apr. 2: Stop by the Arizona Renaissance Festival, where you can wear tights or munch a giant turkey leg and no one will look at you funny.
Mar. 17-Apr. 2: The touring show Corteo, from Cirque du Soleil, will have something to offer for people of all ages.
Mar. 31-Apr. 1: Stick around for the Tempe Music Festival, featuring more than 30 bands.