1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States & D.C., 18 years of age or older as of 10/10/11, except employees, officers and directors of ESPN Inc., and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, independent contractor insurance and financial services agents, advertising, promotion and administrative agencies and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this contest (hereafter, the "Released Party"), and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all contact information is up-to-date and accurate. Void where prohibited. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3) How to Participate:
Visit www.xgames.com between 5:00:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on 10/10/11 and 11:59:59 AM ET on 10/30/11 ("Promotion Period") and fully complete and submit your entry to email@example.com in accordance with the instructions provided to receive one (1) entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person or valid e-mail address per day for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional entries received beyond the specified limit will be void. The name of the "authorized account holder" associated with any given e-mail address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, e-mail messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through firstname.lastname@example.org; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmission; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmissions or communications; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; printing or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise. The use of automated entry or similar devices as specifically set forth above, is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void. By entering Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes only.
Entrants should submit their medal designs for the 16th Annual Winter X Games event. All designs must be no larger than four inches tall or wide and must be e-mailed, in either a jpeg or pdf file, to email@example.com. Include entrants name, location, a brief description (40 words max) of your design and what the inspiration for the design was as well as the X Games athlete you would be most excited to see wear it. If the image or design utilizes material that was not created by entrant, entrant must be prepared to submit written permission from the artist or company that made it or the design will be disqualified.
Entries must not include any unauthorized third party intellectual property, general property or products. Entry cannot defame or invade the privacy of any person, living or deceased. Entry may also not contain, in ESPN's sole discretion, any content that is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promote any particular agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging depictions about other people or companies; contains any personal identification; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, communicates messages or images that are inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which ESPN subscribes; and/or violates any law. All entries that contain the above will be void.
Winner Selection: The X Games staff will choose the top 16 entries based on the following criteria: originality and creativity of each design . The top 16 finalist will be posted on xgames.com on November 1, 2011. Fans will then choose the top three picks prior to November 19, 2011. A second fan vote will be held between November 19, 2011 and November 30, 2011. The design that receives the most votes will be declared the winner. In case of a tie, the X Games staff will select the winning design. The winning design will be posted on xgames.com on December 1, 2011.
Prize: The winning entry will receive recognition as this year's medal designer during the X Games telecast as well as a commemorative set of Winter X Games medals (ARV: $250.00). The top three designers will receive a Winter X Games prize pack containing official X Games Merchandise – ARV: $100.00. Total ARV - $350.00.
6) Winner Notification. Winner(s) will be notified via email
6) Miscellaneous: Winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified as covered as part of prize herein. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of prize (or portion of prize), except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Participation in the Event (if selected) is also non-transferable. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree: 1) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use (if entrant is winner) entrant's name, address (city and state) and/or picture and/or likeness or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without any further consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law; and 2) that Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in this contest (including participation in the applicable Event). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify cancel, terminate or suspend this contest or any event should causes impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7) Winners' List: For a list of winners, available after 12/1/11, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 12/31/11 to:
ESPN X Games
6033 West Century Blvd., Suite 601
Los Angeles, CA 90045