Nothing about the Big East screamed "power" in Week 13. So keep that in mind as you read these rankings.
1. Rutgers (9-2, 5-1). The Scarlet Knights have won at least a share of their first Big East title. The onus is on them to win the league championship outright and a spot in the BCS. But with the way they played at Pitt last week, and the history of blowing opportunities in the past, who knows what will happen.
2. Louisville (9-2, 4-2). The Cardinals have now lost two straight and the problems that were masked en route to their 9-0 start have been exposed. If Louisville cannot protect Teddy Bridgewater better or establish the run on Thursday, it will be nearly impossible to win on the road.
3. Cincinnati (8-3, 4-2). The Bearcats beat USF as expected and have a chance to win at least a share of another Big East title with a win over UConn. Another 10-win season could be in the cards if they can beat the Huskies and win their bowl game.
4. Syracuse (7-5, 5-2). The Orange are actually the hottest team in the league, having won five of six to close out the season. Only one of those wins was against a team with a winning record (Louisville). They get major credit for that, but it's hard to put them any higher given losses to Rutgers and Cincinnati.
5. UConn (5-6, 2-4). Had to start parsing wins between Pitt and UConn. I ranked the Huskies higher because I thought it was a bigger upset for them to go on the road and beat Louisville. And they have the head-to-head win against the Panthers.
6. Pitt (5-6, 2-4). Wouldn't you know it, the Panthers come back from their dismal loss to UConn and completely manhandle Rutgers. If only they hadn't blown that game to the Huskies, they would be bowl eligible and ranked higher.
7. Temple (4-7, 2-5). The Owls close their first season in the Big East knowing they aren't the worst team in the league.
8. USF (3-8, 1-5). The Bulls have lost eight of their past nine, and have become offensively challenged with B.J. Daniels, Lindsey Lamar and several other starters on the sideline. This is by far the worst season in school history.