A timeline of Marshall's off-field problems

Brandon Marshall -- the talented but troubled wideout the Chicago Bears acquired in exchange for two third-round picks on Tuesday -- has a history of off-the-field incidents dating back to his time at the University of Central Florida. Here's a look at some of his off-the-field problems:

Oct. 31 2004: Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a law enforcement officer from a Halloween night arrest his junior year at Central Florida. All charges were ultimately dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after police in Orlando accused him of trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets at a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and his then-girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in an hours-long fight at Marshall's Orlando apartment. No arrests were made.

Jan 1, 2007: According to court testimony in the murder trial in which Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was the victim and Willie E. Clark was the defendant, Marshall and his cousin were involved in an altercation outside a downtown Denver nightclub with Willie E. Clark and Daniel "Ponytail" Harris. Prosecutors believe an enraged Clark followed a limousine that he thought Marshall and his cousin were in. Clark was found guilty of firing at least 15 shots into the crowded limousine that killed Williams. Marshall and his cousin were in another vehicle. Clark is serving a life sentence.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police interview Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to run him over with his car, while the father told police Marshall had shot a gun. Both declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police that Marshall had punched her and taken her purse while at a downtown hotel. Marshall left before police arrived and no charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: Police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in one night after two loud arguments. Both said the incidents were not physical, and no arrests were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Highlands Ranch, Colo., on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment after another argument with Watley. Marshall hired attorney Harvey Steinberg to defend him and charges were dropped in May 2007.

June 8, 2007: Two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. The first was to investigate damage to private property when Watley's friend alleged that Marshall hit her car, in which Watley was a passenger, then threw a rock at the passenger door. In the other, Watley told police Marshall had cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not on the scene and no charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police Marshall had punched and choked her at his downtown condo, leaving a bruise on her eye and scratches on her body. He was not on scene and no charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested and charged with DUI after he allegedly was driving the wrong way on a one-way street in downtown Denver hours after a Broncos game.

March 4-6, 2008: Three incident reports (filed on consecutive days) and one criminal warrant were filed after Watley and Marshall got into a fight at his Atlanta condo. Watley told police Marshall had punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall told police his hand was also cut on glass during the incident, which included Watley's two younger sisters. Marshall was arrested on March 6 on a misdemeanor battery charge.

May 21, 2008: An Atlanta police officer was dispatched to Marshall's condo to enforce Watley's temporary restraining order while Watley was there removing her belongings. The officer described Marshall as being cooperative and Watley as being argumentative, though Watley told the officer she felt threatened by Marshall and his relatives who were also there.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL announced that Marshall was suspended for first three games (it was later reduced to one) of the season for violating NFL personal conduct policy.

March 1, 2009: Marshall took part in a fierce argument with Watley (his fiancée at the time) that leads to their arrest on disorderly conduct charges. The charges are dismissed the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: A six-person Atlanta jury acquits Marshall on a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from the March 6, 2008 incident.

Aug. 28, 2009: Coach Josh McDaniels suspends Marshall for the remainder of the preseason for conduct detrimental to the team the day after he lost his cool at practice, punting away a football and batting down balls in frustration. He was reinstated on Sept. 6.

Feb. 26, 2010: Marshall testifies for the prosecution in the murder trial of Willie Clark, the man accused of killing former Bronco Darrent Williams on Jan. 1, 2007. Marshall was out with Williams the night of the murder.

April 22, 2011: Michi Nogami-Marshall, the women whom Marshall married three weeks prior, is arrested and jailed after she admits to police she stabbed her husband with a kitchen knife in self-defense. Marshall is hospitalized following emergency surgery to repair a non-life threatening stab wound to his stomach.

June 10, 2011: Nogami-Marshall is arrested after violating restraining order to stay away from Brandon Marshall and the couple’s home.

July 14, 2011: Marshall reportedly tells with Florida state attorney’s office that his wife did not stab him.

July 29, 2011: Aggravated battery charges against Nogami-Marshall are dropped.

July 31, 2011: Brandon Marshall reveals he was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder earlier in the year.

March 11, 2012: Marshall allegedly punches a woman at a Manhattan nightclub.