Just got home from watching the extremely windy UGA pro day workouts. Will work up a couple stories in a bit, but here are a few quick thoughts.
* In all, there were 46 scouts in attendance, representing 30 different NFL teams. The Cowboys and Bears were the only teams who were not represented.
* Brandon Boykin said he is still working back toward 100 percent after breaking a bone in his leg while covering a punt at the Senior Bowl. He said he's at about 85 percent and will hold an individual pro day workout on campus in early April. He did participate in the bench press and completed 16 reps, which is better than the average for cornerbacks -- particularly one who played at about 180 pounds.
* Orson Charles didn't participate in bench press today, which makes sense since he reportedly broke the tight end record with 35 reps at the combine. However, he didn't run at the combine (he said it was because he decided to turn pro late and felt like he wanted more time to train), so he did so today. He was disappointed by his performance there, since he wanted a 4.5 and came in between mid 4.6s and the 4.8s depending on if the wind was at his back or in his face. He said he hopes to run again for interested teams in individual workouts.
* Cordy Glenn and Ben Jones sat on their numbers from the combine and did only position drills today. Cordy, you'll recall, was one of the most buzzworthy competitors at the combine. Will be writing an individual story about him in a bit.
* DeAngelo Tyson had a very good day today. Ran a sub-5 40 and looked good in the drills. He was not medically cleared to participate in the combine -- he wouldn't elaborate today on the reason -- but looked impressive today.
* Aron White looked substantially larger to me. He said he's gained 10 pounds since the season and is up around 240. That's around his listed weight in the media guide, but I don't think that was accurate.
* In all, there were 12 participants today: Justin Anderson, Brandon Bogotay, Brandon Boykin, Drew Butler, Orson Charles, Bruce Figgins, Cordy Glenn, Ben Jones, DeAngelo Tyson, Blair Walsh, Aron White and former Georgia player John Knox.
We media types spoke with many of those players and I'll drop some updates from them soon.
* Here are some numbers scouts provided UGA from the workouts:
Anderson: 330 pounds, 32 reps on 225-pound bench.
Boykin: 181 pounds, 16 reps on bench press
Charles: 4.75 40, 30.5 vertical, 9.5 long jump, 4.75 shuttle time, 4.29 3-cone drills.
Figgins: 272 pounds, 5.2 40, 23 reps on bench press, 4.3 shuttle time, 7.3 3-cone drill.
Tyson: 308 pounds, 30 reps on bench press, 4.8 40, 3-cone drill 4.6
White: 238 pounds, 22 reps on bench press, 4.73 40, 7.13 3-cone drill.
* There was a large contingent of former UGA players on hand today watching the workouts. I'm sure I didn't see everyone, but the bunch I noticed included Akeem Dent, Rennie Curran, Justin Houston, Kade Weston and Clint Boling. After finishing his rookie season with the Cincinnati Bengals, Boling is back in school at UGA finishing his last 10 credit hours to get his degree.
* Former West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown, who has been throwing with Orson in Florida recently, played quarterback for the passing drills today. Brown was an undrafted free agent in 2010 and has spent time on a few teams' practice squads in the last year-plus.