* I resolve to silently root for Trojans first-full-year permanent head coach Clay Helton because he is so down to earth, media friendly, and the players genuinely love the guy. Now all he has to do is just win, baby, and win big.
* I resolve not to contemplate whom Trojans athletic director Pat Haden might have chosen for the USC head coaching position had he waited until after the Pac-12 championship Game and the National Funding Holiday Bowl.
* I resolve to want to believe that Helton will actually run the ball with physicality as he has promised in 2016.
* I resolve to believe that if the Trojans are ever going to return to the upper echelon of college football, they have to stop talking about being physical and actually be physical on both sides of the ball, so help me John McKay, John Robinson, and Pete Carroll.
* I resolve to always appreciate and respect departing Trojans quarterback Cody Kessler for his leadership during some of USC’s darkest times.
* I resolve not to have nightmares of probable 2016 starting quarterback Max Browne having to make his first start against possible (gulp) defending national champion Alabama.
* I resolve to believe that Trojans new offensive coordinator Tee Martin in 2016 will figure out that there are other gifted receivers to throw to besides likely preseason All-American JuJu Smith-Schuster.
* I resolve not to be distraught if the Trojans don’t get into the “I-formation” and continue a no-huddle offense and shotgun formation.
* I resolve to never grow tired of listening to the Trojans Marching Band.
* I resolve to continue to write that the College Football Playoff should be an 8-team bracket and not a 4-team bracket.
* I resolve never to wonder why the College Football Playoffs thought they could “change the culture” of New Year’s Eve by egotistically deciding that America would forego New Year’s Eve parties across the country in order to watch the college football playoffs.
* Since the Trojans play Alabama in the 2016 season opener, I will root for the Crimson Tide to win the CFP National Championship Game over Clemson.
* I resolve to continue to cover my eyes whenever the Trojans call a bubble screen.
* I resolve to continue to harp on the fact that the Trojans should throw the ball down field and move the chains rather this dink-and-dunk stuff.
* I resolve not to complain about the 2016 Trojans seasonal record when they have an unforgiving schedule that includes road games with Alabama, Utah, and Stanford in their first four outings. And did we mention at UCLA and at home against Notre Dame to end the season?
* I resolve to appreciate departing All-Pac-12 linebacker Su’a Cravens for his objectivity in taking responsibility whether his defense and/or team played well or poorly.
* I resolve to believe that if true freshman linebacker Cameron Smith can rebound from ACL surgery and play like he did until his untimely injury, he has a chance to be placed along the linebacker greats that USC has produced.
* I resolve not to be critical on how the Trojans use WR/DB/KOR/PR dynamo Adoree’ Jackson in 2016.
* I resolve to believe that returning running backs Justin Davis and Robert Jones ll should at least get 15-20 carries each per game in 2016.
* I resolve not wonder why the Trojans rarely used Soma Vainuku more at fullback and never ran him much like Wisconsin ran their fullbacks effectively against the Trojans in the Holiday Bowl.
* I resolve not to question why the Trojans didn’t throw more to their tight ends in 2015.
* I resolve to believe that the artists’ renderings for a renovated Coliseum will be vastly different than what was revealed to an unimpressed Trojans fan base.
* I resolve to believe that the Trojans defensive success in 2016 rests with a core of gifted but young group of defensive linemen.
* I resolve to believe that how All-Pac-12 Trojans offensive tackle Zack Banner performs in 2016 will dictate just how effective the offensive line will be.
* I resolve to believe that if Clancy Pendergast becomes the Trojans defensive coordinator, his defense won’t give up 62 points again against Oregon when the Ducks come calling to the Coliseum on Nov. 5.
* I resolve to continue to complain about Thursday night Pac-12 games involving the Trojans - home or away.
* I resolve to wish everybody a Happy New Year!