SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Here's a quick look back at today at spring training (Michael Young is expected at camp tomorrow and we'll have all of that for you here on the blog):
1. Josh Hamilton showed up at camp today ready to prepare for the 2011 season. He wants to stay healthy and his goals remain what they've been the past few years: hit .300 with 30 homers and 100 RBIs. Read more about that here.
2. Adrian Beltre also arrived in Surprise and said hello to many of his new teammates. Beltre said the team is better with Michael Young on it.
3. Craig Gentry received a cortisone shot in his right wrist and will take a day or two to let that settle. He hopes it will give him more range of motion. He had a battery of tests and they show the fracture is healing well.
4. Ian Kinsler's comments on Thursday rattled some cages in Philadelphia. Kinsler said Friday he's a loyal Cowboys and Cardinals fan, which might explain why a Cowboys rival showed up in his comments.
5. Dave Bush is one guy hoping to earn a spot on the team. He talked about that here.
6. Opening Day is popular every season. But it's up to new levels this year. The club reports that 70,000 folks have put in for the lottery.
BTW, more video fun today can be found here as I talked about the Rangers with ESPN's Tim Kurkjian.