The Buccaneers will now have four players participating in the Pro Bowl on Sunday in Honolulu, with David and Mankins joining running back Doug Martin and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. The Pro Bowl roster will be divided into two teams on Wednesday.
This will be the first Pro Bowl for David, a four-year veteran who was a first-team All-Pro in 2013 and was third in the NFL this season with 147 tackles. The day after the Bucs' season ended, David made it clear that he would play in the Pro Bowl if called upon.
"It's an opportunity of a lifetime to get to Hawaii ... and have my family come out and support me and be out there with a lot of great athletes," he said. "So I tell you, I would take the opportunity without a doubt."
This is the seventh time Mankins has been named to the Pro Bowl. He is part of an offensive line that helped the Bucs rush for 135.1 yards per game, the fifth-best average in the NFL.
Mankins just completed his 11th NFL season and said earlier this month that he is going to take some time before deciding whether to continue playing.