He has spent more than two decades in the public eye and public debate, and at age 40, Alex Rodriguez is putting together a great season for the first-place New York Yankees. He has played for three franchises, won three MVP awards, has been the highest-paid player in baseball -- and has received one of the longest suspensions in MLB history.
Here are 13 things you might not have know about him, including his interesting pick for the greatest baseball player of all time:
1. Who’s your favorite singer or band?
I like Jay Z, Journey and Kings of Leon.
2. What’s your favorite song?
Forever Young (Bob Dylan)
3. What/who is your favorite movie/actor?
My favorite movie is "Wall Street," and actor Michael Douglas. I think he’s an incredible talent.
4. MJ or LeBron?
5. What talent would you like to have?
My daughters think I am a terrible cook, but I try really hard. I would really like to be a better cook.
6. Who's your favorite superhero and why?
John McClane in "Die Hard," he’s my superhero; he was a rock star.
7. Are you currently a fan of any particular TV series?
"House of Cards"; I finished watching it and I want more.
8. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
I took a picture of my daughters making fun of me because of the way I run around like an old man on the field.
9. If you could go back to any age, which would it be and why?
I never like to think about going back; I only look forward.
10. Where do you most want to travel but have never been?
11. What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
I have a big scar in my thigh from a dog bite by my German shepherd. His name was Ripper. He was trying to get in a fight with another dog, and I tried to break it up, and he got me pretty good.
12. Who’s the greatest baseball player of all time?
— Barry L Bonds (@BarryBonds) August 19, 2015
13. What’s the most unforgettable moment of your life?
The births of my two daughters were the two greatest moments of my life. Professionally, jumping on top of Mariano Rivera on the mound for the 2009 championship.