But there were other streaks of note in this game. Here’s a quick run-through of which ones continued and which ones were halted.
13. The Patriots have won 13 straight games dating back to last season, their third-longest win streak in franchise history. It is surpassed by a 21-game run from 2003 to 2004 and the 18-game streak of near-perfection in 2007.
13. (Part 2) The Patriots have won 10 games in 13 straight seasons, a mark surpassed only by the 49ers from 1983 to 1998.
38. The Patriots were shut out in the fourth quarter, ending their scoring streak of 38 straight quarters. The Elias Sports Bureau notes that this crushed the previous mark of 31, set by both the Rams from 1999 to 2000 and the 2005 Colts.
31. Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski missed a 54-yard field goal, snapping his streak of consecutive makes at 31. The NFL’s all-time record of 42 straight makes remains Mike Vanderjagt’s.
7. The Patriots have won seven straight prime-time games at home and 14 of 15 since 2007.
80. The Patriots have won an NFL record 80 straight home games when leading at halftime. They are 74-0 at Gillette Stadium when ahead on the scoreboard at the half.
6. Karlos Williams was kept out of the end zone by the Patriots' defense, snapping his six-game touchdown streak. Elias notes that Williams and Robert Edwards of the 1998 Patriots are the only players in NFL history to score a touchdown in the first six games of their careers.
5. The Bills have lost five straight games on Monday Night Football. Their last such win came in 1999 against the Dolphins.
3. The Bills also failed in their quest for a three-game winning streak. They haven’t enjoyed such a bounty since the 2011 season.