A week after rushing for 197 yards against the Connecticut Huskies, QB Denard Robinson outdid himself in the Michigan Wolverines' 28-24 come-from-behind win at Notre Dame. His numbers against the Fighting Irish were staggering.
• 502 total yards against Notre Dame, a single-game school record.
• Ninth QB in NCAA history to rush (258) and pass (244) for 200+ yards in a game, and the first since West Virginia's Pat White in 2006.
• Set a Big Ten record for rushing yards in game by QB.
• Longest rush TD in Notre Dame Stadium history (87 yards).
• His 258 rushing yards are a single-game school record for a QB, and the fifth-highest single-game total in Michigan history.
Robinson now has 455 rushing yards this season. Last year, Michigan's leading rusher was Brandon Minor with 502 yards.
Slump-tember for ACC
The Atlantic Coast Conference had five teams ranked in the preseason Top 20 for the first time in conference history. The North Carolina Tar Heels dropped out following their 30-24 loss to LSU. Virginia Tech dropped from 10th to 13th following their 33-30 loss to Boise State on Monday.
ACC Ranked Teams
Preseason AP Poll
A hangover perhaps for the Hokies, who lost for the second time in six days -- to FCS James Madison, 21-16. The Hokies are the first ranked FBS school to lose to an FCS program since 2007 when Appalachian State won at No. 5 Michigan.
Things only got worse on Saturday for the ACC.
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets lost at Kansas (which lost to FCS school North Dakota State last week).
The Florida State Seminoles lost 47-17 at Oklahoma, matching their third-worst loss since joining the ACC in 1991. (Utah State went into Norman and lost by just seven points a week ago.)
The Miami Hurricanes went to Ohio State and trailed by as many as 19 points in a 36-24 defeat. The Hurricanes have now lost eight straight road games against the AP Top two teams.