Some notes and stats to wrap up a busy Sunday:
• Albert Pujols has his 38th multi-HR game. He passes Stan Musial for the most multi-HR games in St. Louis Cardinals history.
• The New York Yankees were held to just two hits today, the fourth time this season they've been held to two hits or fewer. That's the most times they've been held to 2 hits or fewer since 1990 (6).
• Ryan Howard has an RBI in five straight games, matching his best streak this season (April 5-10).
• Mat Latos allowed three earned runs in the first three innings, snapping his modern-era record streak of 15 straight starts with five IP and two or fewer ER. It's the first time he's allowed at least three earned runs in a game since allowing three on June 4 vs the Philadelphia Phillies. He hasn't allowed more than three in a start since allowing seven on April 26 vs the Florida Marlins.
• Chicago White Sox 1B Paul Konerko hits two HR and drives in five runs, giving him 36 and 104 for the season. It's the fourth 35-homer season and fifth 100-RBI season of Konerko's career. In White Sox history, only Frank Thomas has more seasons of 35 HR (seven) or 100 RBI (10).