THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND PUERTO RICO) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN AN OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATION OR PUERTO RICO.
1.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO), who are 18 or over as of the date of entry. Offer void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins 9:00 a.m. PT on Monday, October 22, 2001 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, November 4, 2001, (the "Contest Period.") For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Pacific Time (PT). You must have Internet access as of October 22, 2001.
2.HOW TO ENTER:
LIMIT: ONE PRIZE PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ONE PERSON HAS MORE THAN ONE EMAIL ADDRESS) OR E-MAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS) PER DAILY SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD. ENTRIES FOR EACH DAILY GAME MUST BE RECEIVED BY ESPN/STARWAVE PARTNERS D/B/A ESPN INTERNET VENTURES ("EIV") BETWEEN 12:00 A.M. AND 11:59 P.M. OF THE GAME DAY.
E-MAIL CHANGE OF ADDRESS POLICY: It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsors if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, click on the help link at the bottom of any ESPN.com page, then click on the Change Personal Information link and follow the instructions.
EIV and their agencies are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user.
3. PRIZE: Daily Prize Winners (2,800): Each day during the Contest Period, 200 Daily Prize Winners will be randomly selected based on the chance that they find the ESPN prize image in the designated ESPN.com sports section for the day.
By participating, entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winners will be notified on or about the date of the prize being awarded.
4. PRIZE(S)/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/ODDS OF WINNING: Prize (2,800 winners): Prize consists of an ESPN branded bobble-head doll.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Prize: $3.50.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes: $9,800.
All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to participation in Sweepstakes (including acceptance of prize) not specified herein. All expenses not specified herein are winner's responsibility.
Prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will not be awarded. Prize is not transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for prize of comparable value. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All entries will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail address.
5. ELIGIBILITY: : Employees or agents of EIV and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the members of their immediate families or those persons living in the same household of such individuals are ineligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: : If potential winner does not respond to notification e-mail within ten (10) days of its transmission, or should an e-mail, after up to three (3) attempts, be returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legal, Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date printed on the prize notification. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, the prize winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension.
By participating, entrants release EIV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the employees, officers, directors and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner grants permission to use his/her name, address, likeness, photograph, and statements by EIV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotional agencies for advertising/publicity purposes without further compensation.
7. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: : For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 30, 2001 to: ESPN Bobble Head Doll Official Rules, ESPN Internet Ventures, 506 Second Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98104. For a copy of the Official Winners List, (available approximately November 5, 2001) mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 30, 2001 to: ESPN Bobble Head Official Rules, ESPN Internet Ventures, 506 Second Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98104. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
This sweepstakes is sponsored by EIV, 506 Second Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98104.
The sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2001 by EIV.