As free-agent pitcher Jon Lester draws nearer to a decision, Red Sox principal owner John W. Henry flew to the Atlanta area Friday for a one-on-one meeting with the former Boston left-hander, WEEI.com reported Saturday, citing multiple major league sources.
Henry and other members of Red Sox ownership had previously met with Lester during the free-agent process, the website reported.
Henry said in early November that the Red Sox were hopeful of re-signing him, emphasizing that "a large part of our presentation was finishing that legacy he started."
After meeting with the Red Sox last week, Lester's agent, Seth Levinson, noted the "great respect" the team accorded Lester, who has repeatedly said he is not necessarily signing for top dollar but looking for the place he finds most comfortable.
The Red Sox, after their four-year, $70 million offer was rejected by Lester in March, indicated to the left-hander their willingness to discuss at least a six-year deal.
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Gordon Edes was used in this report.