Lightweight world titleholder Rances Barthelemy will make his first defense against former titleholder Mickey Bey on June 3 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
Premier Boxing Champions announced the fight Friday. It will headline a card on Spike (9 p.m. ET/PT).
"Both Mickey Bey and Rances Barthelemy have world titles under their belts, so they will bring in the experience of being able to perform, and match it up against one another to see who will come out the best man standing at the end of the night," said Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe, one of the promoters of the card.
Former junior lightweight titlist Barthelemy (24-0, 13 KOs), 29, a Cuban defector now based in Las Vegas, won a vacant belt by unanimous decision against Russian contender Denis Shafikov in December in Las Vegas.
"There were rumors that a fight between me and Mickey Bey was on the brink of happening prior to my fight against Denis Shafikov, so now that it is here, I know it was destined to happen," Barthelemy said.
"I'm not a rookie anymore. I'm not going into this worried or nervous about it being my first title defense at 135. I'm comfortable enough now to see every fight as just another challenge. I need to execute my game plan the most effectively and with the least amount of errors."
Bey (22-1-1, 10 KOs), 32, of Cleveland, won a world title by split decision against Miguel Vazquez in September 2014, but he never defended it. Bey turned down multiple fights for career-high money, including backing out of a mandatory defense against Shafikov after signing the contract.
Bey was eventually stripped of the title, although he claims he had a hand injury and vacated. Barthelemy ended up winning the vacant belt that had been stripped from Bey, who is aiming to reclaim it.
"Barthelemy won my title," Bey said. "I had to vacate it due to a hand injury, so all he is doing is keeping it warm for me.
"Training camp is going great. I have been training hard for over a month. I have the best team in the business, with the most knowledgeable trainers. I'm looking forward to the challenge with him being undefeated and a two-time world champion. We both have a lot of skills, so it will make an entertaining fight for sure."
Since beating Vazquez, Bey has only fought once, a 10-round decision against Naim Nelson in December.
In the co-feature, Puerto Rican prospect Emmanuel Rodriguez (14-0, 10 KOs), 23, will face Mexico's Victor Proa (28-1-2, 21 KOs), 31, in a scheduled 10-round bantamweight bout.
"I want to challenge all of the bantamweight champions to fight me so they can see a real athlete in the ring," Rodriguez said. "I have been training hard. This is a lifestyle for me. I have been training since December and on June 3 I am going to deliver a knockout."
Added Proa: "I'm excited about this opportunity against a good young fighter. I've been training hard and feel like this is my time. I'm going to come forward and see what this guy can do."