Manny Pacquiao's camp said the eight-division world champion will not fight on the Top Rank card scheduled for April 14 in Las Vegas.
"No he's not fighting [Mike] Alvarado," Aquiles Zonio, Pacquiao's media relations officer, said in a message to ESPN5's Lyn Olavario. "He rejected Bob Arum's offer to fight [in the] undercard of the Crawford-Horn fight."
Top Rank head Bob Arum had planned to pit Pacquiao against Alvarado in the undercard of the World Boxing Organization welterweight title bout between Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford on April 14 in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao's camp appears to have turned down the offer.
"It's an insult to him," Zonio said. "The world knew who won that dirty fight in Brisbane. It was the biggest broad-daylight boxing heist."
Zonio was referring to Horn's unanimous decision win over Pacquiao in July for the WBO belt, which Horn will now defend against Crawford. The fight was rough and left Pacquiao bloodied, although many observers felt Pacquiao did enough to beat Horn.
Pacquiao has voiced his desire for a rematch and one was planned for November, but he ultimately backed out, citing a conflict with his duties as a senator in the Philippines. Horn went on to successfully defend his title against Gary Corcoran with a knockout in the 11th round.
With Pacquiao out, Arum may eye International Boxing Federation super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas to fill the void on the undercard. Ancajas, who defended his title just last February with a 10th-round TKO of Mexico's Israel Gonzalez, would likely face mandatory No. 1 challenger Jonas Sultan of Cebu, Philippines. Should this fight push through, it would be the first world title bout between Filipinos in 93 years.
Earlier this week, the Ancajas camp was advised by Top Rank -- which signed the 26-year-old from Cavite, Philippines, to a three-fight contract -- to be on standby for a possible fight on April 14.