Seton Hall sophomore guard Aaron Cosby said Friday he will transfer to Illinois.
Cosby committed to the Illini during a visit to the school on Friday. He had previously planned to also visit Missouri on Saturday, but canceled the trip. He will have two years of eligibility remaining after sitting out next season.
"Coach (John) Groce, the staff, the fans all made me feel at home," Cosby said in a text. "Coach Groce really put his best foot forward with me and my family, and I felt he was sincere. It's a great opportunity here, and it fit everything that I was looking for in my new situation.
"It was tough because I respect (Missouri coach Frank) Haith and what he's doing at Missouri. They did a great job recruiting me. But I just felt Illinois is right for me."
Cosby, a 6-foot-3, 190-pound combo guard, started 58 games for Seton Hall in his first two seasons. He averaged 12.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He also shot 42.6 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-pointer range and 75.2 percent from the free throw line.
Illinois assistant coach Dustin Ford was the lead recruiter for Cosby.
Cosby joins a 2013 recruiting class that is ranked by No. 18 by ESPN. The class also includes five high school seniors -- shooting guard Kendrick Nunn, small forward Malcolm Hill, power forward Austin Colbert, center Maverick Morgan and point guard Jaylon Tate.