Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane, who is still under investigation for alleged sexual assault, is on the team's roster for its upcoming training camp and definitely will be in attendance when it starts Thursday, according to a source.
Kane was included on the Blackhawks' training camp roster that was released Wednesday. Earlier Wednesday, a team spokesperson had said "all players listed on the roster released are expected to attend camp."
The Blackhawks are due to report to training camp at the University of Notre Dame on Thursday. Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough and general manager Stan Bowman are expected to address the situation at a news conference.
Kane, 26, has been under investigation since early August for the alleged assault at his home in Hamburg, New York. A grand jury hearing was recently postponed and reportedly rescheduled for later this month.
He has not spoken publicly since the investigation began. Kane has been mostly secluded to his house, and his life has been "difficult" over the past month, his agent Pat Brisson said last week.
Kane's attorney, Paul Cambria, denied a Chicago Tribune report that he was in settlement talks with attorneys representing the woman.
"There are no settlement talks between me and her lawyers, period," Cambria told the Chicago Sun-Times.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman recently described Kane's situation as "unfortunate" and said he hadn't spoken to Kane.
Kane has an eight-year, $84 million contract that goes into effect this upcoming season. He and teammate Jonathan Toews signed matching contract extensions last season.
Kane, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft, has helped the Blackhawks to three Stanley Cups since his arrival. He has 205 goals and 352 assists in 576 NHL regular-season games.