Case McCoy, Jordan Hicks sent home

Texas quarterback Case McCoy and linebacker Jordan Hicks were suspended and sent home a day before the Valero Alamo Bowl for breaking team rules, a source within the school's administration told ESPN.com on Friday.

A person with knowledge of the suspensions told The Associated Press the players violated curfew.

Texas coach Mack Brown addressed the situation during a previously scheduled news conference Friday and referred to a KENS-TV report in San Antonio that police were investigating two unidentified Texas players in an alleged sexual assault at a hotel in the city, where Texas played Oregon State on Saturday at the Alamodome.

"This has been reported: We had a couple young men that broke team rules last night. They have been suspended from the team and they will be sent home," Brown said. "They will not be available for the game and I will not address any more questions in that matter."

Brown did not identify the players or say which rules had been broken. The Longhorns' walk-through at the stadium Friday afternoon was closed to the media.

McCoy, the brother of NFL quarterback and former Longhorn Colt McCoy, started one game this season and five games last season. Hicks was a starter who has missed most of the Longhorns' season because of a hip injury.

On Friday morning, KENS-TV quoted San Antonio police as saying that two Texas players were being investigated regarding sexual assault allegations.

Hicks "vehemently asserts that all conduct that occurred during the evening of the incident was consensual by everyone involved," his lawyer said Sunday in a statement. "The allegation, if any, that a sexual assault occurred by anyone at anytime is completely false."

No charges have been filed.

"No arrests have been made; (the case) is still being currently investigated," Matthew Porter of the San Antonio police said. "There is no timetable for the investigation" to be handed over to the district attorney, he said.

Sgt. Javier Salazar, a San Antonio police spokesman, said only that detectives are in the early stages of investigating a case of alleged sexual assault in the downtown area. Investigators are interviewing witnesses and collecting forensic evidence, he said.

"It's a very meticulous process," Salazar said. "As far as these investigations go, it's very early."

A heavily redacted police report says the event occurred Friday morning from 2:00-2:40 a.m. when a 21-year-old woman invited two men to her hotel room. The report shows only that the men are students and that one is 21 and the other is 20. The woman told police that she had several drinks at a nightclub and the hotel bar before she invited the men to her room.

"I don't exactly remember," she said, according to the report.

The woman said one of the men had sex with her while the other "just stood there and watched," the report states.

"I don't quite remember," she repeated, according to the report.

Police said they observed bruises on the woman's right knee and left bicep.

After talking to police, the woman was taken to a San Antonio hospital, where she was seen by a sexual assault nurse examiner, according to the report. The two suspects also were taken to the hospital and examined by the nurse, the report says.

Ben Turner, acting general manager at the Holiday Inn on San Antonio's Riverwalk, said police were summoned to the hotel between 2 and 3 a.m. Friday to investigate an alleged sexual assault. He said hotel staff was cooperating with police.

Information from HornsNation's Carter Strickland and The Associated Press was used in this report.