UNLV 27, Utah 0

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Frank Summers rushed for 190 yards and scored three touchdowns to lead UNLV to a 27-0 upset victory over Utah as the Rebels stopped an 11-game losing streak to the Utes.

Summers, who had 29 carries and 108 yards in the first half, caught his only pass of the game for a 29-yard touchdown with 14:51 left in the first half, giving UNLV (2-2, 1-0 Mountain West) a 10-0 lead.

Utah (1-3, 0-2) was coming off an impressive 44-6 win over then-No. 11 UCLA a week earlier.

The 11-game streak dated back to Oct. 20, 1979 when the Rebels beat Utah in Las Vegas in the teams' first-ever meeting.

It was the first time Utah was shut out since a 38-0 loss to Arizona State in 1993. It was UNLVs first shutout since 2000 against North Texas. That score was also 38-0.

Summers' second touchdown, a 4-yard run with 12:52 left in the game, gave the Rebels a 20-0 lead. His last touchdown came from 36 yards down the right sideline with 1:52 remaining. Summers' previous career high in rushing was just 43 yards in a Sept. 15 loss to Hawaii.

Utah quarterback Brian Johnson, who separated his shoulder in the first game of the season in a 24-7 loss at Oregon State, did not play in the first half, but started the second. Johnson went 12-of-19 for 78 yards.

Utes starting quarterback Tommy Grady finished 11-of-21 for 117 yards with an interception. Darrell Mack added 89 yards rushing on 21 carries.

UNLV quarterback Travis Dixon was 12-of-27 for 144 yards with two interceptions.

Utah was 1-of-5 on fourth-down attempts, including an attempt from the 1-yard line with 7:43 left in the third quarter. The Utes also fumbled three times.

The Rebels built a 13-0 lead at halftime. Sergio Aguayo hit two of three field-goal attempts, one from 28-yards, and the other from 20 yards.

In the first half, UNLV running back David Peeples was carted off after an injury with 1:27 left in the first quarter when he was hit by Stevenson Sylvester.

Peeples lost consciousness, but regained it while being taken off the field. He was taken to a nearby hospital and was undergoing tests and X-rays during the game.