- not out09-000.00Extras5 (lb 2, w 3)TOTAL112 all out (38.2 Overs, RR: 2.92)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Shikhar Dhawan, 1.6 ov), 2-2 (Rohit Sharma, 4.1 ov), 3-8 (Dinesh Karthik, 8.5 ov), 4-16 (Manish Pandey, 12.5 ov), 5-16 (Shreyas Iyer, 13.2 ov), 6-28 (Hardik Pandya, 15.2 ov), 7-29 (Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 16.4 ov), 8-70 (Kuldeep Yadav, 25.3 ov), 9-87 (Jasprit Bumrah, 34.3 ov), 10-112 (MS Dhoni, 38.2 ov)
- not out2542685059.52not out26243850108.33Extras13 (lb 1, nb 2, w 10)TOTAL114/3 (20.4 Overs, RR: 5.51)Fall of wickets: 1-7 (Danushka Gunathilaka, 3.4 ov), 2-19 (Lahiru Thirimanne, 6.1 ov), 3-65 (Upul Tharanga, 12.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 11 runs, 3 wickets)
- Over 1.6: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - SD Fry, Batsman - S Dhawan (Upheld)
- Over 4.1: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - AK Chaudhary, Batsman - RG Sharma (Upheld)
- Powerplay 2: Overs 10.1 - 40.0 (Mandatory - 101 runs, 7 wickets)
- Drinks: India - 16/4 in 12.5 overs (SS Iyer 9)
- Over 15.4: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - SD Fry, Batsman - B Kumar (Struck down - Umpires call)
- Over 19.3: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - SD Fry, Batsman - MS Dhoni (Struck down - Umpires call)
- India: 50 runs in 22.5 overs (137 balls), Extras 4
- Drinks: India - 75/8 in 27.0 overs (MS Dhoni 28, JJ Bumrah 0)
- Over 32.6: Review by India (Batting), Umpire - AK Chaudhary, Batsman - JJ Bumrah (Upheld)
- MS Dhoni: 50 off 78 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- India: 100 runs in 36.3 overs (219 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: India - 112/10 in 38.2 overs (YS Chahal 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 42 runs, 2 wickets)
- Powerplay 2: Overs 10.1 - 40.0 (Mandatory - 72 runs, 1 wicket)
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 10.5 overs (67 balls), Extras 5
- Drinks: Sri Lanka - 76/3 in 15.0 overs (AD Mathews 8, N Dickwella 7)
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 18.4 overs (114 balls), Extras 11
Tri-series finals, must-win games, losing-streak-enders. India cover all bases when it comes to batting collapses against Sri Lanka. Which of these was the worst?
India's top order had one of the worst days in the team's history in ODIs. Here are some of the key numbers from their implosion
Sri Lanka's seamers, led by Suranga Lakmal, used swinging and seaming conditions in Dharamsala to rip through India, setting up a seven-wicket rout that also snapped their 12-game losing streak in ODIs
The stand-in India captain also spoke about why Ajinkya Rahane was left out, and what MS Dhoni's innings meant
Rohit, who has led Mumbai Indians to three titles in the IPL, will lead India for the first time in the ODI series opener against Sri Lanka in Dharamsala
No. of smaller ODI totals for India at home, than the 112 in this match. Their lowest total at home was also against Sri Lanka, 78 in Kanpur in 1986.
Runs for which India lost their first five wickets - their lowest ever in ODIs. The previous lowest was 17 for 5 against Zimbabwe in 1983 World Cup.
India's score after 5 overs today, the least for them in ODIs since 2001 and the joint second-lowest among all teams.