"I can tell when someone is coming hard to second base, so I was just trying to protect myself," Odor said Monday of his decking Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista on Sunday in the Rangers' 7-6 win.
When asked if he regretted anything that happened, he said, "No."
Although Major League Baseball has yet to levy any fines or suspensions in the wake of Sunday's testy affair between the Rangers and Jays, Odor said he expects some form of punishment.
"I know I'm going to be suspended for a couple of games," Odor said.
That suspension could come as early as Tuesday. MLB chief baseball officer Joe Torre said he would meet with MLB's senior vice president of standards and on-field operations, Joe Garagiola Jr., on Monday and "hopefully" issue a statement by Tuesday.
"It certainly wasn't pretty, and I hate seeing that stuff," Torre said of Sunday's extracurricular activity.
Eight total were ejected from Sunday's game between the two teams that met in last year's postseason, with six of the dismissals stemming from the brawl sparked by Odor's punch and the aftermath.
Although Odor's actions understandably rankled the Blue Jays, the 22-year-old Venezuelan said he respects Bautista and looks to move forward.
"I think it's over. It's in the past," he said through a translator.
Despite punching him Sunday, Odor said he respects Bautista because he "plays hard."
The Rangers' series-clinching victory Sunday was the final regular season meeting between the two clubs.
Odor is listed as batting leadoff for the Rangers as they open a six-game road trip by facing the Oakland Athletics on Monday.
He did not speak to reporters Monday, but Bautista was in the lineup for Toronto as the Blue Jays returned home for a series against the Tampa Bay Rays.