Favre's return not exciting for fantasy
Let's recap the salient details:
• Favre will be 40 years old in October.
• He finished last season with a partially torn biceps.
• He was not a top-15 fantasy QB last season.
• Among the quarterbacks who scored more fantasy points last season were Chad Pennington and Jason Campbell.
• And also Tyler Thigpen.
• None of the above-mentioned quarterbacks is coveted by fantasy owners.
Is there reason to think Favre would be substantially better in Minnesota than New York? The Vikings wide receivers have precisely zero career 1,000-yard seasons between them and are clearly a step down from the Laveranues Coles/Jerricho Cotchery tandem that Favre had in New York. Would the Minnesota offensive system suit him better? Perhaps, but there just isn't remotely enough upside here to justify using a pick in the first 10 or 12 rounds of a fantasy draft.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to investigate a rumor that Joe Montana might return to the 49ers. That would be more interesting to fantasy players.