Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Chris Holtmann was named the full-time coach at Butler. He took over on an interim basis for Brandon Miller, who took a medical leave of absence. Now Holtmann has the permanent job and agreed to a multi-year deal. In his first game as the school's permanent head coach, his Bulldogs upset St. John's at Carnesecca Arena. The Red Storm was shorthanded as sophomore Rysheed Jordan left the team due to personal reasons.
• May 2015 bring a total recovery to Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin. I wish him health and happiness. Mick, listen to your medical team.
• Texas is happy to have guard Isaiah Taylor back in the lineup. He returned from a wrist injury and had eight points in a win over Texas Tech.
• Stanford suffered a setback when 6-8 diaper dandy Reid Travis was lost due to a stress fracture. He was the team's top rebounder at almost seven per game.
• LSU hoops scored big with a verbal commitment from Antonio Blakeney. He's a future star who will form a dynamic duo in Baton Rouge with top prospect Ben Simmons.
• Live by the three, fade by the three. Iowa State shot 1-for-18 trifectas in the upset loss to South Carolina. I don't think Fred Hoiberg was happy with that statistic.