Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• The Maui Invitational should be a solid tournament with several potential top 10 teams in action. Arizona faces an improving Iowa State squad, Gonzaga faces Illinois, Auburn meets Xavier and Duke takes on San Diego State.
• Sam Cunliffe started his college career at Arizona State. Then he transferred to Kansas. Now he has decided to leave Lawrence to go elsewhere. I wish him luck as a coach will be able to add a late prospect.
• I'm looking forward to Romeo Langford as a standout diaper dandy at Indiana. He will be a difference maker as Archie Miller has an improved Hoosier squad.
• For those who thought Cinderella Loyola-Chicago was a one-hit wonder, this was not a fluke. Porter Moser will have a team that competes for a top 25 ranking.
• I firmly believe that college coaches should not be allowed to coach high school stars in USA basketball competitions. It gives the coach a definite recruiting edge and that is not fair.
• UConn fans have to be happy with the work of new coach Danny Hurley. The Huskies are trying to return to the glory days.