Timeline of trouble for Pacman Jones

Following are some of the incidents in which Adam "Pacman" Jones has been involved since the Tennessee Titans drafted him in April 2005.

July 13, 2005: Two weeks before training camp is scheduled to begin, Jones is arrested by Nashville police at Titans headquarters. He is charged with assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation. Charges were dismissed less than a year later.

Feb. 6, 2006:Jones is arrested in Fayetteville, Ga., and charged with possession of marijuana. He is handcuffed after throwing a punch at an officer, according to police, and charged with a felony count of obstruction and two misdemeanors of obstructing police. The drug charge is dismissed in January 2007.

April 18, 2006: According to Nashville police, who cite surveillance camera footage, Jones is one of 12 people gathered at a gas station when a fight breaks out and gunshots are fired. Police questioned Jones but labeled him only as a witness.

Aug. 25, 2006: Jones is arrested in Murfreesboro, Tenn., for disorderly conduct and public intoxication, both misdemeanors. At the Sweetwater Saloon, he is accused of assault by Toya Garth, who says Jones spit in her face and she spit back. A judge sentences Jones to six months probation provided he stays out of further trouble.

Oct. 26, 2006: Jones is cited for misdemeanor assault at Club Mystic, a Nashville nightclub, where he allegedly spits in the face of a female college student. He is suspended for one game by the Titans, on Nov. 5 at Jacksonville.

Feb. 19, 2007: A melee breaks out involving Jones after he decided to "make it rain" inside Minxx Gentlemen's Club in Las Vegas. Minutes after the fight involving Jones inside the strip club, an unknown gunman shoots three people by the front entrance.

March 9, 2007: In an ESPN story, Gene Upshaw (then executive director of the NFL Players Association) asks: "How is it possible to be in the wrong place at the wrong time so many times?"

April 10, 2007: While Jones awaits formal charges from the Las Vegas incident, commissioner Roger Goodell suspends him for the 2007 season, telling him in a written statement: "I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career."

April 13, 2007: Jones attends a Zab Judah fight in Tunica, Miss., and speaks on camera with an ESPN reporter, saying: "I don't really agree with [the suspension] but for the most part I'm taking it like a man." Jones vows to appeal his suspension.

April 20, 2007: Jones takes out a full-page ad in the Nashville Tennessean apologizing to fans and promising to make better choices.

June 11, 2007: Jones, his bodyguard Robert Reid and publicist Sadia Morrison are charged with felony coercion for their alleged roles in the Minxx melee.

June 12, 2007: Jones drops his appeal of the year-long suspension and pledges to repair his image. His decision comes after a third meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell. "I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans, and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement issued by his agent.

June 18, 2007: A shooting occurs outside Club Blaze, a suburban Atlanta strip club. One of the victims says he had a dispute with Jones inside the club and that not long after he and the two others left the club, a hail of bullets struck their vehicle. The NFL knew about that incident, but charges were never brought against anyone because the victims did not see the shooter. Earlier in the night, Jones is seen inside the club with Edward "Slugga" Morris III, an accused murderer and gang member.

June 22, 2007: Jones surrenders to Las Vegas police for his role in the Minxx melee four months earlier and is released on $20,000 bail.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marciell Easterling, an admitted member of the Atlanta-based gang known as the International Robbing Crew, provides a lengthy statement to investigators who are trying to solve a string of Atlanta-area murders. Easterling unexpectedly mentions the Club Blaze incident on June 18, telling investigators that Jones was at Club Blaze with Easterling's fellow gang member, Edward "Slugga" Morris and other members of the IRC. Easterling says Jones asked, and agreed to pay, Morris to shoot a man Jones had exchanged words with inside the club.

Nov. 2, 2007: Fulton County (Ga.) District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. announces the indictment of nine suspects -- in June 2008 the indictment was expanded to include 12 suspects -- in a series of brutal murders (eight in all) and robberies across metro Atlanta. Morris is one of the nine people named in the original indictment. Morris is indicted on three murders along with a host of related charges. In a written statement to the media, Howard notes, "It is the consensus of law enforcement agencies that this is the most violent gang anyone can ever remember in Atlanta."

Dec. 6, 2007: Jones pleads no contest in Las Vegas to a reduced misdemeanor charge of conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct for his role in the Minxx fight. In exchange for the reduced charges, Jones agrees to assist police in their investigation of the Minxx shooting. His sentence of one year probation and community service is stayed until after his testimony.

April 18, 2008: With a trade to the Dallas Cowboys in the works, Jones picks Arvin Edwards out of a police lineup in Yakima County (Wash.) identifying him as the shooter from the Minxx Gentlemen's Club in Las Vegas. That same day, Edwards is charged with attempted murder for his alleged role in the Las Vegas shooting.

April 23, 2008: Jones is traded to the Dallas Cowboys.

June 2, 2008: The NFL allows Jones to participate in organized team activities, practice and preseason games.

Aug. 28, 2008: Jones is reinstated and allowed to play in Week 1 of the 2008 season.

Oct. 7, 2008: Jones is involved in an alcohol-related incident in a downtown Dallas hotel with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys. No arrests are made, and no charges are filed. But the incident led Goodell to suspend him indefinitely. That eventually led to a six-game suspension and alcohol rehabilitation. The Cowboys reinstated him in December.

Jan. 7, 2009: The Cowboys cut Jones.

-- John Barr, Greg Garber and ESPN.com news services