ESPN Africa and Celeb City announced that they have entered into an agreement that will see the second instalment of the popular celebrity boxing exhibition air exclusively on the pan-African sports broadcaster.
Taking place at the Sun Bet Arena in Tshwane on Saturday October 1, fans across the continent will be able to watch the hotly anticipated bout between South African rap superstars Cassper Nyovest and Priddy Ugly from 7:30 PM on ESPN (DStv 218 and Starsat 248).
The program includes a 12-round SA Super Middleweight fight between Gauteng-based current champion Cowin Ray and Asemahle Wellem (Eastern Cape-based challenger), as well as a live musical performance by popular singer and dancer Kamo Mphela.
Cassper Nyovest and Priddy Ugly will then enter the for five rounds of boxing.
ESPN Africa is also the home of the ESPN Africa Boxing event series, showcasing the best and brightest stars and talents from across the continent in monthly live events across South Africa, broadcast to an audience of up to 60 million homes across Africa and Latin America.
The fight card for this event is as follows:
● Main event, Celeb City fight (5 Rounds): Cassper Nyovest v Priddy Ugly
● Co-main event, SA Super Middleweight (12 Rounds) Cowin Ray (8 - 0 - 0) v Asemahle Wellem (3 - 0 - 0)
● Jnr Female Lightweight, 8 Rounds: Bukiwe Nonina (South Africa) vs. Cecelia Pitsani (Zimbabwe)
● Main Supporting Bout, Gauteng Bantamweight title (10 Rounds): Layten Gloss vs. Akani Sambo
● International Mini Flyweight (10 Rounds): Simphiwe Konkco (South Africa) vs. Garen Diagan (Philippines).