Below is a look at some of the top statistical performers at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky going into the Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts on July 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Top 10 Driver Ratings at Kentucky
Kyle Busch.............................. 125.6
Brad Keselowski...................... 119.2
Matt Kenseth.......................... 107.9
Kevin Harvick.......................... 102.8
Jimmie Johnson...................... 102.1
Joey Logano............................. 91.5
Martin Truex Jr.......................... 91.3
Kasey Kahne............................ 91.0
Denny Hamlin............................ 89.1
Ryan Newman........................... 89.0
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2016 races (six total) among active drivers at Kentucky Speedway.
· In 1998, the track broke ground in Sparta, Kentucky, and opened as a 1.5-mile speedway in 2000.
· The original owners, Jerry Carroll and four other investors owned the track until 2008, when current owners, Speedway Motorsports Inc., purchased the facility.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was held at Kentucky Speedway in 2011 - won by Kyle Busch.
· During the 2016 season, the track underwent a repave. The banking in Turns 1 and 2 were increased to 17 degrees.
· There have been six Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kentucky Speedway since the first race in 2011 - one race per season.
· 73 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway; 53 in more than one.
· 22 different drivers have made all six series starts at Kentucky Speedway.
· Brad Keselowski leads all drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Kentucky with a 4.500.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying session at Kentucky Speedway was cancelled due to weather. The starting line-up was set per the Rule Book - Kyle Busch started in the first position.
· Brad Keselowski (2014), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2013) and Jimmie Johnson (2012) are the three drivers that have won Coors Light poles at Kentucky.
· Youngest Kentucky pole winner: Brad Keselowski (06/28/2014 - 30 years, 4 months, 16 days).
· Oldest Kentucky pole winner: Dale Earnhardt Jr. (06/30/2013 - 38 years, 8 months, 20 days).
· Two manufacturers have won poles at Kentucky in the MENCS - Chevrolet (2012, 2013) and Ford (2014).
· Three different MENCS drivers have won at Kentucky Speedway: Brad Keselowski (06/30/2012, 6/28/2014 and 07/09/2016), Kyle Busch (07/09/2011 and 7/11/2015) and Matt Kenseth (6/30/2013).
· Brad Keselowski leads the series in wins at Kentucky with three; Kyle Busch is only other driver with multiple wins at Kentucky.
· Youngest Kentucky winner: Kyle Busch (07/09/2011 - 26 years, 2 months, 7 days).
· Oldest Kentucky winner: Matt Kenseth (06/30/2013 - 41 years, 3 months, 20 days).
· Team Penske leads the series in wins at Kentucky with three (2012, 2014 and 2016).
· Three different manufacturers have won in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kentucky: Toyota (2011, 2013 and 2015), Ford (2014, 2016) and Dodge (2012). Kentucky is the only active track Chevrolet does not have a win.
· Brad Keselowski is the only driver to win a MENCS race at Kentucky from the Coors Light pole (2014).
· Kyle Busch won the inaugural MENCS race at Kentucky from the first starting position. Due to the qualifying session being cancelled for the 2011 race, it was not from the Coors Light pole.
· Three of the six (50%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kentucky have been won from the front row - Two from the first starting position (2011, 2014) and one from the second starting position (2016).
· Five of the six (83.3%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kentucky have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Kentucky is 16th, by Matt Kenseth in 2013.
Additional Finishing Position Stats
· Six different drivers have posted MENCS runner-up finishes at Kentucky: David Reutimann (2011), Kasey Kahne (2012), Jamie McMurray (2013), Kyle Busch (2014), Joey Logano (2015) and Carl Edwards (2016).
· 16 different drivers have posted top-five finishes at Kentucky; led by Kyle Busch with four; followed by Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman, Carl Edwards and Brad Keselowski with three.
· 21 different drivers have posted top-10 finishes at Kentucky; led by Matt Kenseth with six; followed by Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch with five each.
· Kyle Busch leads the series in average finishing position at Kentucky with a 5.167.
Track Event Stats
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory (MOV) in the MENCS at Kentucky Speedway was last season's event. Below are the six MENCS races at Kentucky ranked by closest MOV:
2016 - 0.175 second, Brad Keselowski beat Carl Edwards
2011 - 0.179 second, Kyle Busch beat David Reutimann
2013 - 0.699 second, Matt Kenseth beat Jamie McMurray
2014 - 1.014 second, Brad Keselowski beat Kyle Busch
2015 - 1.594 second, Kyle Busch beat Joey Logano
2012 - 4.399 second, Brad Keselowski beat Kasey Kahne
· None of the six Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kentucky Speedway have resulted with a green-white-checkered finish.
· None of the six Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kentucky Speedway have been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Qualifying has been cancelled due to weather conditions in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kentucky Speedway three times - 2011, 2015 and 2016 races.
· Brad Keselowski leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in laps led at Kentucky with 483 laps led in six starts.
Female Competitor Stats
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kentucky Speedway.
--- NASCAR ---