Top 10 Driver Ratings at Richmond
Kevin Harvick........................... 110.4
Denny Hamlin........................... 110.3
Kyle Busch............................... 109.8
Brad Keselowski......................... 96.9
Kurt Busch................................. 94.3
Clint Bowyer............................... 93.5
Matt Kenseth.............................. 90.5
Jimmie Johnson.......................... 90.3
Ryan Newman............................ 89.7
Kyle Larson................................ 88.3
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2017 races (25 total) among active drivers at Richmond International Raceway.
· Originally known as the Atlantic Rural Exposition Fairgrounds, Richmond International Raceway held its first race in 1946 as a half-mile dirt track.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race was held on April 19, 1953 and won by Lee Petty.
· The spring 1964 race was run on a Tuesday night under temporary lighting.
· The track name changed to Virginia State Fairgrounds in 1967.
· The track surface was changed from dirt to asphalt between races in 1968.
· The track name changed to Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway in 1969.
· The track was re-measured to .542-mile in 1970.
· The track was rebuilt as a three-quarters-mile D-shaped oval following the Feb. 21, 1988 race.
· The first race under permanent lights was Sept. 7, 1991.
· The first season with both races as night races was 1999.
· Earlier this season, the spring event moved back to the Sunday afternoon time slot and the track name changed to Richmond Raceway.
· There have been 122 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Richmond International Raceway, one event from 1953 - 1958 and two races per year since 1959.
· 495 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Richmond; 323 in more than one.
· NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty leads the series in starts at Richmond with 63. Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Matt Kenseth lead all active drivers with 35 starts each; followed by Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch with 33 each.
· Brad Keselowski leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Richmond International Raceway with an 9.500.
· 54 drivers have won Coors Light poles at Richmond, led by Richard Petty and Bobby Allison with eight each.
· Denny Hamlin leads all active drivers in poles at Richmond with three (2006, 2008 and 2016).
· Buck Baker won the inaugural Coors Light pole at Richmond in 1953 with a speed of 48.465 mph.
· Eight drivers have won consecutive Coors Light poles at Richmond. Bobby Allison holds the record for most consecutive Coors Light poles at Richmond with five (1972 - 1974).
· Youngest Richmond pole winner: Brian Vickers (05/15/2004 - 20 years, 6 months, 21 days).
· Oldest Richmond pole winner: Mark Martin (04/28/2012 - 53 years, 3 months, 19 days).
· Nine Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers posted their first career Coors Light pole at Richmond Raceway - Brian Vickers (2004), Ted Musgrave (1994), Bobby Labonte (1993), Alan Kulwicki (1987), Morgan Shepherd (1981), Bill Dennis (1971), Dave Marcis (1971), Ned Jarrett (1960) and Russ Hepler (1957).
· 50 different drivers have won at Richmond International Raceway, led by Richard Petty with 13.
· Kyle Busch leads all active drivers in wins at Richmond with four; all of which were spring races.
· Petty Enterprises has the most wins at Richmond in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series with 15; followed by Joe Gibbs Racing with 12, Hendrick Motorsports, with 10 and Richard Childress Racing with nine.
· Nine different manufacturers have won at Richmond. Chevrolet leads the series in wins at Richmond with 37 victories; followed by Ford with 32 and Toyota with 10.
· Youngest Richmond winner: Richard Petty (04/23/1961 - 23 years, 9 months, 21 days).
· Oldest Richmond winner: Harry Gant (09/07/1991 - 51 years, 7 months, 28 days).
· 24 of the 122 (19.7%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Richmond Raceway have been won from the Coors Light pole.
· Only five active MENCS drivers have been able to win from the pole: Kasey Kahne (2005), Jimmie Johnson (2007), Kyle Busch (2010), Brad Keselowski (2014) and Denny Hamlin (2016).
· The pole starting position is the most proficient starting position in the field, producing more winners than any other starting position at Richmond (24).
· 38 of the 122 (31.1%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Richmond have been won from the front row: 24 from the pole and 14 from second-place.
· 96 of the 122 (78.7%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup races at Richmond Raceway have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· 13 of the 122 (10.7%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Richmond Raceway have been won from a starting position outside the top 20; most recent was Carl Edwards (2013; started 26th).
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Richmond Raceway is 31st, by Clint Bowyer in the spring of 2008.
· Five drivers have posted their first career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win at Richmond - Kasey Kahne (2005), Tony Stewart (1999), Kyle Petty (1986), Neil Bonnett (1977) and James Hylton (1970)
· Eight drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series have posted consecutive wins at Richmond International Raceway.
· Richard Petty leads the series in consecutive wins at Richmond after posting seven consecutive wins from the fall of 1970 - 1973.
· Jimmie Johnson is the only active driver with consecutive wins at Richmond (2007 sweep).
· All 12 of the active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series winners at Richmond International Raceway participated in at least one or more races before visiting Victory Lane. Dale Earnhardt Jr. won at Richmond in his second appearance - the fewest among active drivers.
· Jamie McMurray leads the series among active drivers with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Richmond without visiting Victory Lane at 29.
Additional Finishing Position Stats
· Kyle Busch leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average finishing position at Richmond International Raceway with a 7.333.
· Bobby Allison and Richard Petty are tied for the series-most runner-up finishes at Richmond with nine each. Kyle Busch leads all active drivers with six; followed by Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick and Ryan Newman with two each.
· Richard Petty leads the series in top-five finishes at Richmond with 34; Kyle Busch leads all active drivers with 15; followed by Kevin Harvick (12) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (10).
· Richard Petty leads the series in top-10 finishes at Richmond with 41. Kevin Harvick leads all active drivers with 21; followed by Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman (17 each).
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Three MENCS races have resulted in NASCAR Overtime at Richmond International Raceway.
· Four of the 122 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Richmond International Raceway have been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Qualifying has been cancelled due to weather conditions in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Richmond International Raceway eight times: 1955, 1962 (spring), 1967 (fall), 1986 (spring), 1997 (spring), 2008 (fall), 2014 (spring) and 2016 (spring).
· Since the advent of electronic scoring, the closest margin of victory in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Richmond International Raceway was the race on September 12, 1998 - won by Jeff Burton with a MOV of 0.051 second over second-place finisher Jeff Gordon.
Female Competitor Stats
· Two female drivers have competed at Richmond in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series: Danica Patrick and Janet Guthrie
--- NASCAR ---