Top 10 Driver Ratings at Kansas
Jimmie Johnson........................ 108.7
Matt Kenseth............................ 106.5
Kevin Harvick........................... 105.8
Martin Truex Jr........................... 98.4
Ryan Blaney............................... 92.2
Kasey Kahne.............................. 91.1
Kyle Larson................................ 90.6
Brad Keselowski......................... 90.3
Dale Earnhardt Jr....................... 88.6
Kurt Busch................................. 87.6
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2017 races (19 total) among active drivers at Kansas Speedway.
· Groundbreaking for the speedway was held on May 25, 1999.
· The official opening of Kansas Speedway was in 2001, with the first events being an ARCA race and a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race on the same day - June 2.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was on Sept. 30, 2001 - won by Jeff Gordon (Chevrolet, 110.576 mph, 3:37:19).
· During the 2012 season, between the April and October events, the 1.5-mile track underwent a repave, adding variable banking in the corners.
· There have been 23 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, one event from 2001 - 2010 and two races per year since 2011.
· 131 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Kansas; 100 in more than one.
· Four drivers have started all 23 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races and lead the series in starts at Kansas Speedway - Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth and Ryan Newman.
· Joey Logano (16 starts) leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Kansas Speedway with a 9.750.
· Four drivers have made their first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series career start at Kansas Speedway: Erik Jones (5/09/2015), Ryan Blaney (5/10/2014), Austin Dillon (10/09/2011) and Denny Hamlin (10/09/2005).
· 15 drivers have Coors Light poles at Kansas, led by Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne with three each.
· Jason Leffler won the inaugural Coors Light pole at Kansas Speedway in 2001 with a speed of 176.499 mph (Dodge) driving for Chip Ganassi Racing. Leffler is the only driver to post his first career MENCS pole at Kansas.
· Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick are the only two drivers to win consecutive Coors Light poles at Kansas Speedway (Johnson: 2007-2008 and Harvick: Fall of 2013-2014 sweep).
· Youngest Kansas pole winner: Ryan Blaney (05/13/2017 - 23 years, 2 months, 43 days).
· Oldest Kansas pole winner: Mark Martin (10/04/2009 - 50 years, 8 months, 25 days).
· Four manufacturers have won Coors Light poles at Kansas Speedway; led by Chevrolet with 10; followed by Ford (six), Dodge (four) and Toyota (three).
· 14 different drivers have won at Kansas Speedway, led by Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson with three each. Nine of the 14 Kansas winners are currently active.
· Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at Kansas with six: Jeff Gordon (three: 2001, 2002 and 2014) and Jimmie Johnson (three: 2008, 2011 and 2015).
· Four manufacturers have won at Kansas Speedway in the MENCS; led by Chevrolet with 11 victories, Ford with six, Toyota has four and Dodge has two.
· Four of the 23 (17.3%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the Coors Light pole: Joe Nemechek (2004), Jimmie Johnson (2008), Matt Kenseth (spring 2013) and Kevin Harvick (fall 2013).
· Five of the 23 (21.7%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the front row: four from the pole and one from second-place.
· 13 of the 23 (56.5%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· 21 of the 23 (91.3%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a top-20 starting position.
· Two of the 23 (9%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a starting position outside the top 20. - 21st (Tony Stewart, 2006) and 25th (Brad Keselowski, 2011).
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Kansas Speedway is 25th, by Brad Keselowski in the spring of 2011.
· Youngest Kansas winner: Joey Logano (10/05/2014 - 24 years, 4 months, 11 days).
· Oldest Kansas winner: Mark Martin (10/09/2005 - 46 years, 9 months, 0 days).
· Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth are the only two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers that have posted consecutive wins at Kansas Speedway: Gordon (2001 and 2002 - the first two MENCS events at Kansas) and Kenseth (fall 2012, spring 2013).
· Jeff Gordon is the only driver to win at Kansas in his first appearance.
· No MENCS drivers have won their first career race at Kansas Speedway.
· Martin Truex Jr. competed at Kansas Speedway 17 times before winning in 2017; the longest span of any the nine active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series winners at Kansas.
· Martin Truex Jr. (17), Kyle Busch (16), Kevin Harvick (15) and Matt Kenseth (13) all made 10 or more attempts before their first win at Kansas Speedway.
· Kurt Busch leads the series with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Kansas Speedway without visiting Victory Lane at 23.
Additional Finishing Positions
· Kevin Harvick has the series most runner-up finishes at Kansas Speedway with three; followed by Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Martin Truex Jr and Ryan Newman with two each.
· Jeff Gordon leads the series in top-five finishes at Kansas Speedway with 11; followed by Jimmie Johnson with nine, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle each have seven.
· Jimmie Johnson leads the series in top-10 finishes at Kansas Speedway with 17; followed by Jeff Gordon (14), Carl Edwards (13) and Matt Kenseth (13).
· Rusty Wallace (five starts) leads the series in average finish at Kansas with an 8.200.
· Jimmie Johnson (22 starts) leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kansas Speedway with an average finishing position of 9.591.
Track / Event Specific Stats
· There have been two MENCS races resulting a NASCAR Overtime finish at Kansas Speedway
· Only one of the 23 races at Kansas Speedway has been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kansas Speedway.
· The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Kansas race has never been postponed to another date due to weather conditions.
· Of the 23 MENCS races held at Kansas Speedway, only the Sept. 30, 2007 event has ended under caution - weather - Greg Biffle won the event.
Female Competitor Stats
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver that has competed at Kansas Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series:
· Danica Patrick's seventh-place finish (2014) at Kansas Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series is the third-highest finish by a female driver in series history. Patrick's series career-best finish is sixth (Atlanta).
· The best finish by a female driver in the MENCS is Sarah Christian's fifth-place finish (Heidelberg) in 1949.
NASCAR in Kansas
· There has been a total of 61 NASCAR national series races among two tracks held in the state of Kansas.
--- NASCAR ---