The die-cast car from Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s final race as a full-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver was the best-selling paint scheme for Lionel Racing in 2017.
Lionel Racing released its top 10 list Thursday. Earnhardt paint schemes take up five of the 10 spots. The Axalta/Last Ride car at Homestead-Miami Speedway consisted of a design Earnhardt drove early in his career.
Not only was it this year's top seller, Lionel Racing says the car is now the best-selling die-cast in the company's history.
"The demand for this car has been simply astounding," said Lionel Racing president Howard Hitchcock. "The fan response to this die-cast is a true measure of how much Earnhardt has meant to both casual NASCAR fans and serious die-cast collectors."
The 2017 top 10 best-selling cars:
1.Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta/Last Ride Chevrolet SS
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nationwide Darlington Chevrolet SS
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nationwide Chevrolet SS
4. Chase Elliott NAPA Chevrolet SS
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta/Ducks Unlimited Chevrolet SS
6. Ryan Blaney Motorcraft/Pocono win Ford Fusion
7. Kyle Busch M&M's Caramel/Bristol Win Toyota Camry
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta Chevrolet SS
9. Chase Elliott Hooters Chevrolet SS
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Mountain Dew/Talladega raced version Chevrolet SS
--- NASCAR.com ---