· The number of participants has ranged from a low of seven in 1981 to a high of 28 in 2009.
· Like last season, the starting field for the 2018 Advanced Auto Parts Clash at Daytona will not be a predetermined number of cars; rather, the field is limited to drivers who meet more exclusive criteria. (20 drivers are eligible for this year's event).
· Jeff Gordon has appeared in the most consecutive Advanced Auto Parts Clash at Daytona races, competing in 22 consecutive events from 1994-2015.
· Jimmie Johnson leads all active drivers in consecutive Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona starts with 15 (2003 - 2017).
· The top five drivers (all-time) with the most Advanced Auto Parts Clash at Daytona appearances: Mark Martin (24), Bill Elliott (23), Jeff Gordon (22), Ken Schrader (19) and Rusty Wallace (19).
· The top five active drivers with the most Advanced Auto Parts Clash at Daytona appearances: Jimmie Johnson (15), Kurt Busch (14), Kevin Harvick (13), Ryan Newman (13) and Denny Hamlin (12).
· There have been nine multiple winners in the Advanced Auto Parts Clash at Daytona: Dale Earnhardt won six events, most all-time (1980, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1993, 1995); Dale Jarrett won in 1996, 2000 and 2004; Kevin Harvick won in 2009, 2010 and 2013; Tony Stewart won in 2001, 2002 and 2007; Denny Hamlin won in 2006, 2014 and 2016; Other multiple winners: Neil Bonnett (1983-1984), Ken Schrader, (1989-1990), Jeff Gordon (1994 and 1997), and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2003 and 2008).
· Bonnett, Schrader, Stewart and Harvick are the only drivers to win back-to-back Clash at Daytona races.
· No driver has won three consecutive Clash events.
· Buddy Baker (1979), Dale Earnhardt (1980), Jeff Gordon (1994), Dale Jarrett (1996) and Denny Hamlin (2006) all won the first Clash at Daytona in which they competed.
· Only six times in the 38-year history of the race has the winner gone on to win the Daytona 500: Bobby Allison (1982); Bill Elliott (1987); Dale Jarrett (1996 and 2000); Jeff Gordon (1997); Denny Hamlin (2016)
· There have been four winners from the pole: Darrell Waltrip (1981), Bill Elliott (1987), Ken Schrader (1989) and Denny Hamlin (2014).
· Two drivers have swept the Clash at Daytona, Daytona 500 pole and Daytona 500 from 1979-2017: Dale Jarrett (2000) and Bill Elliott (1987)
· One driver has swept the Clash at Daytona, Daytona 500 and the Coke Zero 400 from 1979-2017: Bobby Allison (1982).
· Seven drivers have won the Clash at Daytona (1979-2017) and the championship in the same season. Dale Earnhardt is the only one to have accomplished it multiple times (four): Tony Stewart (2002); Jeff Gordon (1997); Dale Earnhardt (1993, 1991, 1986 and 1980); Darrell Waltrip (1981)
· Four drivers have won consecutive Clash at Daytona races (1979-2017). None went on to win that year's Daytona 500: Kevin Harvick (2009-10); Tony Stewart (2000-01); Ken Schrader (1990-91); Neil Bonnett (1983-84)
· The format for The Clash at Daytona has changed 14 times since its inception into the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 1979.
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver who has competed in the Clash at Daytona (1979 - 2017). Her best finish in the Clash is fourth last season.
The Clash At Daytona Manufacturer Wins Recap
Manufacturer Victories Last Victory - Driver
Chevrolet 20 2013 - Kevin Harvick
Ford 8 2017 - Joey Logano
Toyota 4 2016 - Denny Hamlin
Buick 2 1982 - Bobby Allison
Oldsmobile 2 1980 - Dale Earnhardt
Pontiac 2 2002 - Tony Stewart
Dodge 1 2011 - Kurt Busch
By the Numbers: The Advance Auto Parts Clash At Daytona
.013 - Margin of victory in seconds by Kyle Busch over Tony Stewart in 2012, the closest margin in the Clash at Daytona history
.058 - Margin of victory in seconds by Kurt Busch over Jamie McMurray in 2011, the second closest margin in the Clash at Daytona history
.08 - Margin of victory in seconds by Dale Earnhardt over Sterling Marlin in 1995, the third closest margin of victory in the Clash at Daytona history
1 - Laps led by Rusty Wallace (1998), Neil Bonnett (1983-84), Dale Earnhardt (1980), Dale Jarrett (2000 and 2004) and Kevin Harvick (2009) in the Clash at Daytona races they won
2.75 - Average finish by Dale Earnhardt, best by any driver with multiple starts
4 - Number of drivers to win the Clash at Daytona from the pole position - Darrell Waltrip (1981), Bill Elliott (1987), Ken Schrader (1989) and Denny Hamlin (2014).
5 - Drivers who have won the event in their first appearance (Buddy Baker, 1979; Dale Earnhardt, 1980; Jeff Gordon, 1994; Dale Jarrett, 1996; Denny Hamlin, 2006)
6 - Number of the Clash at Daytona wins by Dale Earnhardt, the series leader (1980, 86, 88, 91, 93, 95)
7 - Number of fewest starters in the field for the Clash at Daytona (1981)
11 - Number of starts before winning, most since race began in 1979 (Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin)
14 - Number of different leaders in the 2009 event, most since race began in 1979
20 - Number of wins by Chevrolet in the Clash at Daytona, leads all manufacturers
22 - Most consecutive starts in the Clash at Daytona by a driver - Jeff Gordon (1994-2015).
27 - Kevin Harvick's starting position in 2009, the lowest by a race winner in the event's history
28 - Number of lead changes in the 2011 event, highest number since race began in 1979
44 - Laps led by Greg Biffle in 2005, the most by a driver who did not win the event
47 - Laps led by Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2008, the most in a single Clash at Daytona.
197.802 mph - The fastest average speed of the race for the Clash at Daytona was in 1987 won by Bill Elliott.
--- NASCAR ---